2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

It all happened so quickly- I didn't have time to prepare myself or research ahead of time what was possible to see/hear- I had just been going off of what everyone here who had been getting a heartbeat at weeks earlier than me- I guess I didn't realize they were all transvaginal US! So I do feel better! Thank you everyone! :)

I agree with the other ladies, abdominal scans this early can be hit and miss. I'm going for one tomorrow, but we will switch to TV if we can't see what we need to. Over here we only see the hb as a flicker anyway, sounds like all is perfect!

Ps. You can usually use a home Doppler from about 9-10w, if your uterus isn't tipped too unfavourably, but in a doctors they most likely won't try until later as it can take ages to find when baby is so small!

Had my booking in appointment this morning, starting to feel a bit real now. Just waiting for my 12 week scan to come through.

I have an Uppababy Cruz for DD -highly rate it!! I don't think I will be changing it, DD loves to walk so by the time baby is here I think I'll just get a buggy board.

I got vaginal scans up too 10weeks, then from about 12weeks on it's abdomen.

Y'all, I am NOT looking forward to these vaginal scans. I have heard they can hurt!

Y'all, I am NOT looking forward to these vaginal scans. I have heard they can hurt!

Nah they don't hurt I had one on Thursday and was quite surprised as wen I had one with my first pregnancy they had my led as if having a smear which was uncomfortable but this time I just led there, didn't hurt I'm having another on 28th lol

ah, okay, thanks ladies! That makes me feel a bit better about it. My sister is the one who told me it hurt, but she has a very low pain threshold!

I've had a number of transvaginal ultrasounds now and I've never felt any real pain from them. I went through IUI last November so I lost track of how many I had to track follicle growth. :haha: When I had my first one for this pregnancy last week.... I was actually so relaxed I was laughing at my doctor's jokes and even going over questions with him. I think some people can be more sensitive though. Everybody is different.

ahh- why do I not feel reassured!?!?!

Today completely unexpectedly- I got an ultrasound scan! My husband works at an ER & one of the doctors there use to be an OBGYN & just out of being a really great guy & friend- he did an ultrasound for us!

Well he found the heartbeat but kept saying 'I think that is the heartbeat' & my husband said he saw the little flicker on the screen - but I was laying down flat & couldn't see much. (he had the US machine at the foot of the bed). He also said the fluid & placenta looked good for 7 weeks.

What had me worried was that he kept saying 'I think' & then when he tried to find the heart rate with the doppler so we could hear it- he couldn't find it & just kept saying it's still so early- baby is so small & he never got a rate either with the US machine.

He said he would do another one for us in 2 weeks- but kept saying congratulations & was so happy for us. So I guess I should feel relieved? But I still feel so anxious!
What is wrong with me?? lol!

For everyone who has had a scan did they get the heartbeat via doppler or just by visually seeing it on the US machine? This was just an abdominal scan so maybe it's the vaginal ones this early that are more reliable??

I had my abdominal scan as 5w6 and the heartbeat was just a flicker on the screen and she was unable to measure the heart rate. She was able to measure the size of the baby which then showed I was only 5w6 rather than 7 as first thought.

Honestly, the vaginal scan I had was awkward, but it definitely didn't hurt. It was a little uncomfortable when she looked at my ovaries, but getting my yearly pap is much more uncomfortable!

I had my u/s at7 weeks, 1 day also. The tech started out with an abdominal, and she was able to see the heartbeat but couldn't get the rate. Also, you're supposed to have a really full bladder to get a good abdominal ultrasound that early. To get a good look at the baby, you really need a transvaginal.

I've had several transvaginal ultrasounds over the years and they never hurt. A regular old pap is much more uncomfortable. And being able to see the baby was plenty of distraction!

I'm so jealous of everyone getting a u/s right now! I won't get one until 20 weeks unless they suspect something is off... :( I'll hear heart beat at 12 weeks though :)

Hi, can I join? Will try and go back and read all the other pages but wanted to introduce myself first. Last time I was due the beginning of the month so was a lot easier to keep up :haha:

I'm Amy, this is #6, I have 3 girls (9, almost5 and 3) and 2 boys (6 and 1). Baby def wasn't planned but is wanted :) I don't know how far along I am, somewhere between 5 and 7 weeks, by LMP, about 5 weeks but 10 days ago at a internal ultrasound for other reasons they documented what looked like a 5 week gestational sac. Hormone level the day before was 33 so a bit odd, numbers more than doubling since though and we have 2 scans coming up to see whats going on:thumbup: First one is on saturday:happydance:

Morning sickness has more than started, bleugh and soooooo tired! Hope everyone else is ok:hugs:

Hi hun, welcome and congrats on the surprise bean! What due date shall I put you down for then you think?

You think your transvag was awkward? Lol a few years ago I had bad pain on my lower right side.. turned out to be a ruptured ovarian cyst. Well I'm an xray tech and was in school at the time. We got to see different modalities (US, mri, ct, etc.) I had just spent a few weeks in US and in walks the man that I had just been working with to give me a transvag and he totally remembered me too. .. talk about awkward. Lol. Mine did hurt a bit but that was bc of my situation, normally it shouldn't. If you had sex to get pregnant an ultrasound transducer should be no problem haha. But I agree its great that you were able to see anything on the abdominal one as they always do transvag ones in the 1st tri. Body fat, gas in your intestines, and many other things can block the view through the abdomen.

Wow that must have been pretty embarrassing lol :haha:

dan-o lets go with march 23 from lmp then change if needed:thumbup: I'm pretty sure we've been in a group together before! Both been around forever though! Very much a surprise bean, found out the same day hubby booked his vasectomy!

mykyerby :rofl: Shouldn't laugh:blush: Man yeah that must have been well awkward!!!

I've had about a million TV ultrasounds, 5 premature babies so a lot to check cervix, infact had 2 in 2 days 10/11th of this month lol. Out of so many, only once has it ever hurt and that I think was due to bad positioning or something, it kind of pinched:wacko:

Found out today my SIL is a week behind me and is due on my birthday :) not 100% sure how I feel yet but I can't do anything about it. It's my first and her second baby. They have been trying for a year now due to them having to take one of her ovaries a few months after their first was born due to having large pregnancy induced cysts form on both of her ovaries, they took the worst one. I'm happy for them because of this and it's going to be awesome sharing this time with her but at the same time I kinda wish it was just me.

Oh well who knows I may still be special and be having twins for all I know at this point. Since they run in both families.

Teilana:hugs: Its normal to feel conflicted in situations like this, esp with the hormones added to it:hugs: It'll be really fun the babies growing up together:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->