2022 Christmas countdown! 0 days to go!

I know! I need to dig out the Elves still. Luckily this year I know where they are :haha:

We've got a third elf (I must be mad)
A couple of years ago I got a baby elf and every year since the girls ask will she come back so I've bought an 'elf mate ' to come back with the other two.
Mt girls love the elves more than santa so this should go down well....especially as they're starting to doubt everything.

Wow a third elf! We had two a few years ago but just have the one now.
DS asked if the elf was coming this year. I said "I hope not" :haha: He said he really wants him to come though. Which is good as I feel like he's never been as interested in it as DD was and she doesn't believe anymore. So I'll come up with some fun ideas for him :xmas12:

I do wonder if they actually believe or just play along.
My eldest is so in the pre teen phase. She was so excited to do the tree then didn't come near it as her friends were online. Time to impose time limits again!

DD2 said to me "I can't wait until the elves come" :dohh: she doesn't believe in santa though!

24 days to go :xmas6:

Lol I think they just enjoy seeing what the elf gets up to even though they know it's us. My daughter wants me to make him be really naughty :haha:

Yesterday we had lunch in Mcdonalds and Reuben got a little elf toy in his happy meal, and Seth said "hey that looks like our one, where is our one anyway?" And I reminded him they went back to the North Pole with Santa and he went "oh yeah!" Then started to get fully into it, so he might be aware they aren't really I'm not sure. He does still believe in Santa though

Mine believe in the elves more than santa.
I do think this is the last yesr though :(

Currently watching Elf Story with DD2 who is off school poorly :(

Aw hope she's better soon.
John thinks we should tell Nate and probably seth next year. Nate will be 13 in March so he's probably right, Seth will be 10 by next Christmas so I know even he'll be on the older side for believing but telling them seems so harsh. Then it'll just be Reuben who believes.

Aww. Holly hasn't believed for a few years now. James still believes but he is questioning the tooth fairy, so maybe this is his last year believing. They grow up too fast!

Jimi was 8 and Zac was 10 so we had a fairly good run I think, it's just so sad to think we only have such a short time of Santa left

YOU GUYS! I cannot believe it is finally December! I was blasting Christmas tunes at 6.30 this morning, so excited to open the first doors on our advent calendars! Weren't we just on 100 days to go!? How is it suddenly the start of advent!? :xmas1: I don't know how - despite me getting excited around the start of September every year - I still always feel like Christmas has snuck up on me lol

I've half confessed to dd1 about tooth fairy. She asked me as she didn't think it sounded realistic and I said she's not real except for the first tooth. She was happy with that and asked if I have kept the letters somewhere.

I think I'll definitely tell dd1 before senior school. She's year 5 now so we may get next year we may not, once she knows she'll definitely tell her sister.

I hate the idea of telling them! I prefer to just let them figure out, and then if they want to they can still play along and it keeps the magic alive; even though they know, if it’s not spoken out loud it doesn’t seem as much like the end! I was never “told” - I figured it out around age 10-12 but I played along until I moved out at 18 :lol: Still get that Christmas magic feeling to this day and I’m 34 now! You can still “believe” in Christmas even when you know. I don’t think there’s any need to tell but I know everyone will do things differently :shrug:

I'm happy to leave them, I think it would be different if they were in school and potentially get bullied in senior school for it, but DH is really adamant that 13 is just too old. When Zac stopped believing he said he still wanted to pretend so we carried it on for him and just gradually became more open about it, I'm content to just be less careful with what I say so they figure it out but he's not so it's in discussion

I really wonder if mine believe, can it really be?! Hmm. I think maybe they are just worried that they won't get presents once they own up lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->