21 Day Bloods

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just have a quick question. I have an appointment on Monday for 21 day bloods. Today (cycle day 19) I got my very strong positive OPK. Can anyone tell me if the bloods will show if I ovulated so soon after it happening?

Thanks xx

Yes. Same thing happened to me and my level was 23 (high for only a couple days later!) indicating ovulation.

Thanks. Do you know what the numbers should be above for ovulation to have happened? X

Yes my progesterone was 13.6 on 3dpo. Levels above 10 suggest good ovulation but some doctors say a minimum of 3.

Cool. Thanks very much. Fingers crossed :) x

Just called the receptionist at the doctors surgery. My results are 'equivocal'. That's obviously all she could tell, so I need to wait until Tuesday next week to speak to the doctor about what that means. In a bit of a panic now......

I've been looking on Google (fatal I know). It's made me feel a bit better. I ovulated on CD 19 and had the blood taken on CD 21 (as they wouldn't do it any other time). Could this be the reason for the result? As it wasn't 7 days after O, my levels weren't high enough?

Yes, "21 day bloods" are supposed to be taken at 7dpo. They assume that all women O on CD14. Clearly false. If your doctor won't acknowledge that fact I'd probably find a new doctor.

My doctors are completely hopeless!! I tried to go at 7dpo once at the nurse refused to take the blood sample because it wasn't my 21st day. Even though I explained that it would be pointless at the time. Unfortunately, I'm not in the catchment area of another doctors surgery, so can't change doctor :(

I have the same issue going on I don't ovulate until CD 18 or 19 and Dr has me getting my progesterone checked on CD 21. I called and spoke with the nurse and she said that they look to see if the level is above 5. Progesterone should rise that much right away after you ovulate and it doesn't take that long to get above 5 if you had a good ovulation. I was concerned due to the fact that CD21 isn't that far after O day for me, but as long as you are above 5 it means that you ovulated. Obviously they said the higher the number the better, but anything above 5 according to them means ovulation occurred! Hope this helps!

Thanks very much. I won't know the exact number until next Tuesday. But fingers crossed its above 5 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->