• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

21 week scan...anterior placenta...

Kirsty88

Reaction score
Is this quite common and will it effect the pregnancy in anyway? Xx

No, totally normal. You just might be feeling movement a bit later.

I found out a week ago that I also have this. This is baby #2 so its weird to see the belly but not feel movement yet but I will say that it has picked up a little the past few days. I asked my doctor and she said its nothing to be alarmed about.

I have an anterior placenta for all of my pregnancies. The only thing it affects is that you will most likely feel movement later than if it wasn't. I feel quite a bit of movement regularly now but do still have an area of my stomach that I don't feel anything.

Thank you all 😀 I do feel movement so thats good...when you google things it tells you it may cause problems during the birth etc but I guess I'm just worrying over nothing xx

Totally normal and shouldn’t cause any problems. I have anterior with this pregnancy and only now starting to feel dull thumping movements. Other than late movements it shouldn’t cause any problems

Anterior placenta here too! Didn’t affect anything first time, except I never felt really strong movements. Similar this time, still not feeling much at 17/18 weeks.

My first pregnancy I had an anterior placenta, all was fine!

Yup I have it this pregnancy it just makes it harder to feel consistent movements depending on where baby’s at and you’ll likely feel them a bit later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->