21wks and have to end preg !!!

angelsXmummy

Reaction score
hi girls i had my 20wk scan yesterday and it didnt go well ive had a tough preg any way and have been treated so bad by the nhs ive been bleeding constant for 8 and a half weeks with constant trips to a+e and EPU and 2 weeks ago i had to call an ambulance as i had a bad gush witch felt like my waters but wen i got in and checked it was alot of blood but very wattery went in to hospital by now the bleeding had stoped again so i went home with no scan once again and my dp put me on bed rest wich has helped ease the loss of blood my baby has had a healthy heart beat and still has but the scan yesterday showed its got no fluid around the baby so i have to end my preg tomorow it still hasnt sunk in yet im so sure there is something they could do to keep lil baby goin for a lil while longer it might have a chance :hissy:

so sorry to hear this. take care of yourself

I am so sorry for your news honey. :hug::hug:

So sorry to hear this :( what terrible news. You are in my thoughts. Take care hun :hug: xx

OMG hunni! :hugs: :hugs:
Is there anyway of you being able to speak to a peaditrician?
My waters went at 29+6 with our DS and I delivered him at 30+4. He is fine now absolutely no signs of being prem. I think a better story thou is a little girl that had been born at around 24 weeks I think at 900g and she is ok as well. They can do so much these days, I know every case is different but I really think you need to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about babe, and don't let them give you a load of old flannel.
My heart goes out to you babe, I'm here if you need me

:hug:

I'm so sorry to hear of this truly tragic news :( If you want to seek a 2nd opinon please do so.

Thinking of you with all the love and support in the world, what a truly heartbreaking time this must be.

I'm so so sorry, please try and get a 2nd opinion i pray there is something they can do :hugs:

Oh Im so sorry :hug:

But I would get a second opinion.

Please seek a second oppinion, I wish they could do something for you xxxx

oh hun what awful news im with the others get a second opinion, i am praying for you and your lo

x

oh my gosh hun :hugs: this is tragic :cry: im so so sry for u :hugs:

This also happened to me babe :hug:

I was offered a termination but I decided to go ahead with my pregnancy, unfortunately I got an infection 2wks later & ended up going into premature labour which meant my daughter Sophie died of severe prematurity (after she was born at 19wks gestation)

as you are slightly further on than me you might be able to get an amnio-infusion where they inject fluid through a needle into your stomach?

Don't be rushed into a termination if its not what you want tho hun...

I won't lie to you... The odds are not good but there is still a chance
If you can hang in there for another 3wks they will have to help your baby as the cut off point is 24wks

Im so sorry you are having to go through this terrible ordeal - I remember it as though it was yesterday :hugs:

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk in more detail :hug: xx

So sorry to hear this..:( How aweful...surely couldnt they give you some fluids, steroids for the babies lungs, antibotics and bedrest in the hospital. I know your 21wks but if they could hold you off for a few more..? I'd try and get a second opinion....take care of yourself and you are in my thoughts and prayers..! HUGS

OMG Please please get a second opinion, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care:hugs:

That's awful hun, I am so sorry. :hugs: I am with the others about getting a second opinion.

this thread has really upset me. i wud really look into other options before going ahead with the termination. can they force u to do it? 24 weeks is viability and thats only 3 weeks away, can they not just wait and see? i heard that sometimes the fluid can grow back. can they not wait? even if your little one doesnt make it, i think it wud help u at least knowing that u gave it a chance rather than they terminating it straight away. if you said that they have treated u bad so far the i woud definately get a second, maybe even 3rd opinions. good luck hun. please dont let them make u rush into it. :hug:

Oh sweetie this is terrible news. Im so so sorry you are even having to go through this. I wish i could make it better for you. Like the other girls have said i would do all that you can to save your baby. Even if you dont get the out come you want. In the long run you will feel you did your best. Failing that i dont think the docs have been much help to you. Please please please dont let them rush you into this. If i were you i would tell them that you demand you see a 2nd and 3rd person. Even for your own peace of mind.
So very sorry for you sweetie.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"