22 weeks in and my wife still hates the thought of having the baby

amazonbaby

Reaction score
Please help!

My wife and I got married last September, and had she got pregnant on our wedding night. We knew we wanted kids but were thinking of trying in January. Long story short is that my wife is freaking out about getting pregnant so soon (even though we have known each other for 7 years). She feels that her life is over and hates the baby (and presumbly me) for putting her in this mess. I hoped that this was just a phase but now at week 22 she still feels like the baby has ruined her life. I dont know what to do. Has anyone gone through this, or know if this will change when the baby comes. I keep reassuring her that when she holds the baby she will change...but what if it doesn't. Its hard enough having to live with the fact that my wife hates my child that is in her right now, but how am I supposed to go on with my life knowing that she hates the baby. I feel like I am being cheated by not being able to be happy about this.

Any thoughts and/or experiences in this would be greatly appreciated.

I wonder if she's just extremely anxious about it all rather than actually hating the baby? I have suffered with extreme anxiety before and it affected me in very strange ways but particularly with relationships. Obviously your wife isn't entirely unhappy with the situation because she could have terminated the pregnancy? Have you been for scans? Maybe a 4D scan at some point would help with the bonding, and looking at life after baby - people who continue to live life to the full. I think you need to help your wife to relax in any way you can and bide your time - these things often turn out fine x

sorry to read about your situation. Has your wife thought about going for some counselling? that might help her to work things out in her head - or maybe you both go together for some couples counselling? Good luck

she may just be very very nervous and figures if she doesnt like the baby if sometihing happens(heaven forbid) she would thing she wouldnt be as upset.
When she has baby im sure she will feel differently :hugs: just keep an eye out to post natal depression xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->