22 weeks irregular heartbeat? Anyone have any experience?

Ms_Friendly

TTC #1
Reaction score
I had my anatomy scan already on the 8th and all was normal, I’m going on 23 weeks now..Has anyone with a home doppler heard an irregular heartbeat and then went on to be ok? When I listen to his heartbeat it pauses or there’s a gap every 4th beat so it sounds like nothing and then starts again and continues. His heart rate isn’t low, and he’s active so they don’t see it as an emergency and I don’t have a scan until the 30th. They also heard it at the doctors office on their doppler but once again since he’s active, and heart rate isn’t low they aren’t concerned.

I’ve read this can be normal so to not be worried, anyone have any experience with this? I’m a nervous wreck. Thanks!

It's very normal for heart rates to go up and down. As they move slightly you could miss it, or you could be getting placenta beat, any number of reasons but really don't worry it is normal. I even saw it myself on a trace last week when I was in. My best advice is put away the Doppler, you will drive yourself crazy with those things xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->