22 weeks - movement - UPDATE!

Debbie_23

Mummy of two lovely boys
Reaction score
Just wondering if this seems normal -

I am 21+6 and have been feeling baby move since about 17 weeks but have been feeling him everyday and quite strongly since about 20 weeks, but yesterday and so far today he has been very quiet. I have still felt him move but not as much and doesn't seem to be as strong.

Not sure if he has mabey just turned towards my back as I got some kicks late last night but they were around the very side of my tummy not the front. I also have an anterior placenta but I think its quite high so doesn't make alot of difference to how much movement I feel.

I am sure he is probbaly just having a growth spurt and having a few sleepy days but just wondering if this happens to others on a regular basis? I am pretty sure I had quite days with my first son too. I also have a doppler so I can check the heartbeat so will do that tonight if he doesn't pick up soon, I was going to do it last night but then he had a little wriggle so I decided not to bother him.

UPDATE

Just wanted to give an update, the day after I posted this the baby moved constantly, typical, today has been the same. Yesterday he was kicking the hardest i've ever felt him, was taking my breathe away it was so hard. So looks like a couple of quiet days here and there is very normal and means you probably have a good few days of hetic movement after little one has had a couple of days rest. :happydance:

Baby has probably just turned around or something but if you get really concerned just call your MW or go to the docs and they will have a listen at what is going on.

With my last at 24 weeks I didnt feel any movements for 3 days and went to the doctors and he was just fine :thumbup:

Best to get it checked if it is worrying you though xxx

I'm 22 weeks.. And some nights the baby moves loads other times quiet.. I think that's why we are not meant to count kicks until 28 weeks as they can vary till then..!!!

Hun, don't worry. This happened to me for a day last week and I was starting to worry and had to get my doppler out lol, of course my wee man was fine. I was told not to worry about movements until 26 weeks or so. I also have an anterior placenta but have been feeling regular movement since 18 weeks. Soon he will be kicking away and you will be wondering what you were worried about. I figure when I can't feel him so much that he is facing my back xx

Thanks girls, good to know it happens to other people too. I will have a little listen on my doppler tonight, I am sure he is fine though as you said probably just kicking towards my back. I am sure my tummy is looking a bit bigger today too so mabey having a little growth spurt, my first son used to go quiet for a few days and then suddenly i'd look bigger. lol. I try not to worry as much this time about movements as I know I used to worry alot with my first pregnancy but its hard not to worry constantly about them.

dont worry babys just having quiet days happens from now on my baby was quiet last two days and instead on kicks all day till 8pm last night i got baby moving instead. then going to bed having him/her kick :) x

i get this to! dont worry its normal!

thanks really good to know its normal. I would be more worried if I was getting no movement at all but I am still getting movement but it feels more like squirmy movements rather than kicks around my belly button so he mabey does have his back to my tummy and this is his back I can feel pushing out every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->