23/11/09 Lola Rose. Birth story. (now with pictures)

XsarahGrace

OH, and Boo
Reaction score

Sorry it took a while to post it took me a few hours to write it, it was a really upsetting 4 days for me untill my little girl arrived.

Day 1 of Labour

Was up the hospital at 8, because I had blood tests I was already over due, by a bit, and they’d discovered I’d been developing Obstetric Cholestasis which is a liver disorder developed in pregnant women and usually effects 1 out 160, it’s not yet able to be cured in pregnant women however there is a drug to slower the effects, it’s thought that I’d have had it for over 2 months as my liver count had gone three times the normal amount, and no one no blood tests and nothing had been done about it so it was urgent to induce labour and get the baby out without any more harm to me or her. I automatically cried and thought I’d be having a c-section by the end of the day which is a scary thought really.
This didn’t happen I was admitted at 12, and 3 given a gel to induce labour, I ended up being allergic to the gel and having to be in agony for 7 and a half hours for it wear off, I then was made to wait another night in hospital, still contracting slightly but not dilating, went in at 1cm, and still there.

Day 2 of Labour
I was given a tablet inserted to try again at inducing labour at 8am, this caused me complete agony for hours again and then I was taken to the delievery suite, I was then getting so worked up crying I was given an internal and passed out screaming, I woke up within 2 minutes to see three doctors, a midwife and my mum trying to calm me down, I was the told I was not dilating, sent back to the ward and given another tablet to try and induce labour over night, I was also given a pethidine injection to help me sleep. Whilst still contracting and no baby movements all night.

Day 3 of labour
The pethidine wore off and the second dose never worked and the third dose never worked, so there goes that pain relief, I was then allowed more gas and air, the doctors came round I was in rolling agony, they told my mum they were leaving me another 24 hours till the decided what to do, she begged her case for over an hour and explained what was going on they agreed to settle the pain with an epidural, they said this at 12, and never did the epidural till 4, this took 3 attempts still not dilating, I couldn’t cope I cried and distressed my mum so much I just wanted it to start, the epidural only worked for an hour, and in that time the contracting drip was put up my waters were broke and I was in no pain, an hour after they’d tried topping my epidural up four times they’d told me the epidural was not working and I would not be receiving any more pain relief apart from gas and air at this stage I knew in my head I had to do this.

The birth on day 4
I didn’t want the c-section, it was 7pm the next day and I asked them to do an internal I’d finally started I was 4 cm the day and night and drugs had finally started a whole 24 hours after my waters breaking lucky the baby was monitored and never distressed and the pain for me just went by I knew it was for a good cause and then I knew something was happening I was coping better, they told me it would take 10 hours to get to 10cm but by 9 I wanted to push, I screamed and screamed and was told not to push I was only 7cms but the last bit went so quick I was having the gas and air taken away to push and by 11.31pm on the 23rd November, my little girl Lola arrived, and the relief was so lovely to get her out, I had the smallest cut which is so tiny compared to what could have been, she weighed a healthy 7pounds3ounces, and was so lovely and I had her completely natural and managed to be out of hospital by day 6 because I didn’t have the c-section threw a choice of my own.

https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/Xscenebarbie/DSC00922.jpg
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/Xscenebarbie/29-11-093nannys006.jpg
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/Xscenebarbie/29-11-093nannys011.jpg

Crikey what an ordeal, well done for persevering and delivering naturally :flower:

Look forward to pics x

SO sorry you had such a time. All worth it at the end though! CONGRATS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->