24 hour vomiting

nosaby

Pregnant with first
Reaction score
For the past 2 days I've been vomiting and for the past 24 hours I haven't been able to keep any food down. Now I'm evening vomiting up water. I see my doctor today for my first ultrasound. Any one know if there's anything he can do for me? I certainly can't go to work like this.

I've had this since 4 weeks pregnant and I've got hyperemesis ( extreme morning sickness). If you can't keep down water its very important that you see your gp or go to A&E they will check your wee and blood for things like ketones. Its really really important that you get yourself checked out, vomiting up water is bad and you will be getting dehydrated. I've been on a drip all weekend in hospital for my hyperemesis. You will prob be given anti sickness medication ( some work some don't) and be monitered closely. Also try putting ice cubes in a cup and sipping the water that melts. Or sucking on ice lollies etc.

Let us know how you get on xxx

I've been vomiting but not nearly as much as you have! I would go get checked! I know my sister had that problem and they put her on diclectin (sp?) and she said it worked wonders. I'm very nauseous all the time and have been vomiting every other day so I can't imagine going through what you are! Poor Thing!

they might have to admit your hosiptal becuase its so bad..... you will prb get dehydrated hun make sure you tell them as soon as you get there xxx hope you get better soon xxxx

Yes, I agree. Go to see your doctor or go to A&E. I was admitted to hospital around week 7 and put on a drip overnight as well because i couldn't keep down water and lost 10lbs in a week. It was horrid because i have a fear of needles and i had one in my arm all night and wow, they took a lot of blood but they did sort me out at least for a day or two. Then, it is up to you to just try to eat and drink, no matter how difficult it may seem. Hope you feel better soon hun!

Thanks all. They didn't seem that concerned. Just told me to push fluids and to try and make myself eat crackers or something. If it continues I'm to call. I also have a low fever so it could be a virus.

On the good side of things, I have a smudge! There's a yolk sac and perhaps the flicker of heart beat. I go back in 2 weeks for another scan. I was so happy I wasn't nauseated for 10 whole minutes!

Some drs are just idiots lol. Crackers do frig all! Its so annoying being told to eat ginger and crackers!

If you still can't keep water down you need to go to a&e or phone up your midwife. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->