24 weeks but not feeling reassured

chezababy

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
Yesterday I reach v day but according to my notes and the midwife here they won't monitor baby until 28 weeks. So now I'm annoyed. If they know babies can survive from 24 weeks why won't they do anything until 28 weeks. Now there's another 4 weeks until I can feel reassured that if something happened they would try and save baby. Sorry just a bit of a rant.

What do you mean by monitor? If something was wrong or worrying the hospital would monitor you.

They won't monitor movement until 28 weeks and if there is reduced movement they won't scan or anything. I was even told if they can't pick up a heartbeat using the dopler they won't scan.

I'm not sure that sounds right...generally at 24 weeks is when, if you went into labor, and it couldn't be stopped, they would have intensive care plans ready to go to help your baby.

That being said, I'm sorry, I'm not sure the worry is going away ç/ I'm 26+4 today, and I'm still worried...Google is an evil thing. ...before i was prego if you'd have asked me the chance of stillbirth of have thought it was one in thousands. I will say evil Google has medical opinions that debate the value of intensive care for a fetus less than 26/28 weeks.

The best advice i can give is try not to think about it and enjoy things...much easier said than done i know. This past week we've started baby's room, my shower invitations went out and presents are staying to arrive, i have my first official third tri appt this week, then we start baby class, have babymoon and shower....and then it's November and I'll basically be full term...

It makes no sense to me. I'm not particularly worried about anything. I just find it frustrating as my dd was born at a different hospital and they were so much more reassuring. They even had me in to listen for her heartbeat when my midwife couldn't find it at the 16 appointment. This hospital apparently won't do anything like that.

They won't monitor movement until 28 weeks and if there is reduced movement they won't scan or anything. I was even told if they can't pick up a heartbeat using the dopler they won't scan.

I went into labour at 27+3 and they monitored me that evening until they actually realised I was in labour. I gave birth the following morning.
I really don't think your midwife has given you correct information, if you were ever having issues simply go to the hospital, you will be seen!

Thank you. Yes I will be contacting the hospital direct if there are any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->