24 with PCOS (no meds) trying for #1- looking for buddy!

AppleMuffins

Reaction score
Hey there! Just looking for some buddies! I was diagnosed with PCOS after some really long cycles about two years ago and went on birth control. I went on BC after the diagnosis and the doctor said when it's time to TTC I can be given clomid. I finished my last pack of bc in January and went straight to TTC. I haven't been back to the doctor for clomid yet because I wanted to give it a try before medical interventions. Somehow, I have been getting lucky and my last two cycles have been normal length at 31 and 35 days. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm starting to believe we can do this without meds when before I was doubting I could even get pregnant at all. To fuel my hope, I just got my very first positive OPK today at CD20! I was so excited to see that smiley face. One might think it was a positive pregnancy test considering how happy I was. I can't imagine how exciting it will be if a positive opk test made me so giddy.

Is anyone else in a similar boat? I'd love some buddies! I'm not really discussing this with my family or anyone because I figured it would take us a long time to get pregnant, and then if we do, I'm paranoid about MC since I've read it is more likely with PCOS. My mom especially bugs me enough about whether or not I'm pregnant and that's her thinking I'm still on BC.

:hi: I'll be your buddy :)
I'm 25 and also have pcos!
Your cycles have been great :) I too was so happy the first time I got a positive opk, congrats!!
Hope you've been bd'ing :)

I'm currently on a natural cycle due to a cyst, I was doing injections last cycle as I'm clomid resistant.
I also have had ovarian drilling/lap/hysteroscopy in January so basically doing all I can...

Gl sending you plenty of baby :dust:

Hi buddy! :wave: Sounds like you've been through a lot already! Sorry to hear about the cyst. Still, who knows! Maybe this month will be magical. Lots of good stories about people who conceive naturally after trying different meds.

We'll definitely be :sex: later. While I thought telling my husband that we have to tonight would be kind of a bummer (no spontaneity and all), I think it kind of had the opposite affect! I'll also be eager to see it my temps go up confirming O soon. They have been a little high already the past few days, but that could be a good thing since they were low before. Just going to have to wait and see!

Yes been through quite a lot, yOu can read my journal which is in my siggy if you are interested- on page 1 I try to update most things there...

I think we put our oh's under pressure sometimes bless them, my oh is use to it now, but before I wouldn't really tell him I would just be like we need to bd as much as we can for a while starting now :)
Hope your temp rises to confirm o :hugs:

My oh is really good about things. Despite being exhausted from work, he'll still tough it out for the sake of future babies. I see a lot about the men not really understanding or kind of resisting when it gets down to crunch time. I'm so grateful oh is genuinely concerned and willing to put in any effort necessary. He even volunteered to give up his bike riding next year if nothing happens! Biking is pretty much his second love. The bike itself is his baby. Our future child surely cant ever think he wasn't wanted!

Temp dipped a bit yesterday. Had blaring positive opks all day yesterday. I actually wonder if my opk on Saturday was a false positive on the digital because the wondfo was negative in retrospect after I was able to compare it to yesterdays positives. Unless it's more sensitive? Also had some mild cramping yesterday. Today's temp is up a bit but nothing that convinces me yet. Ewcm is gone but cant tell if it's wet cm now or leftover from bd. According to ff we should still bd today, but we'll see. Even in our younger days we never bded this much. If ewcm is gone O is probably over, right?

Bless my oh is too good tho, now I'm just like I'm ovulating time to be :haha: even though we have a healthy sex life anyway :)

I'm sure our babies will know they were wanted :)

With your positive opk's and EWCM gone and a slight temp rise I would say you ovulated but I would still be today if possibles as if you had a positive opk you may have ovulated Sunday or even today you never know :) but even if you don't I'm sure :spermy: are waiting :)

My temp went up even higher so I think I probably Oed yesterday. We didn't get to BD last night, even though we tried. Just too tired and both felt a tad under the weather. I don't think it hurt our chances though.

Gl hun hoping you get a nice :bfp: in a couple of weeks now tht you are in your tww :happydance:

Hey I also have PCOS. Can I join in?

I temp and use a monitor. 9DPO today testing Friday.

I only have one tube too after an ectopic which isn't in great shape.

Going the docs in sept if no BFP by then.

Hopefully get perscribed clomid again.

xxx

:hi: I'm 25 too we are all a similar age :)

Sorry about your eptopic hun :hugs:

So are you trying naturally for now?

Thank you.

Until September yes. This is my fourth cycle with my OH.

I was perscribed clomid last year but never took it due to the relationship breaking down (he assaulted me) so hopefully OH will just need a SA and I'll get perscribed it again quickly.

xxx

I'll be 25 in Oct. My next yearly exam is due right around my birthday actually, and if things haven't worked by then, I'm hoping for clomid. Happy birthday to me! hehe But if my other cycles continue to chart like this one, I doubt I'll get clomid. It seems pretty obvious I did at least O this time around. Now I just have to pray that there isn't a LP defect or anything. And pray some more that a sperm met egg. And pray more that said egg sticks. So much potential for failure!

Sorry to hear about your ectopic 4magpies. Good luck testing on Friday!! Hopefully this will be it for you! Cute pup in your pic, by the way :)

Clomid can make you "o" better though.

I ovulate most cycles but they still gave it to me.

Thanks he's my baby. He's a 2 year old white boxer called bronson. The apple of my eye!!

xxx

Gl if you ladies, hopefully you won't need it you will get your :bfp: before
I was clomid resistant :( works wonders for ladies though :)

:dust:

your chart is looking nice 4magpies. Any updates? My temp still high, but it's only 2DPO. trying not to get my hopes up. I've had some cramping this evening that has me slightly concerned since I know it cant be implantation or anything. Makes me worry things aren't working right in there. Oh well. Have to just wait and see! nothing more I can be doing at this poing except taking it easy.

I tested BFN this morning. So I guess I'm out really. *sigh*.

On the bright side I have now lost 6lbs! Yey!!

Everything crossed for you honey.

xxx

:hi: ladies

Applemuffin- you ovulated :happydance: I hope your tww goes quickly :)

4magpies- sorry about your bfn :hugs: yay for your weight loss though :happydance:

Another temp rise today. Still got all my symptom. Just have to sit it out and wait now.

xx

Yay for the temp rise :) that dip on your chart looks good :)
Fx'd! The tww is the worst right! Sending you loads of baby :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->