24 year olds - Scared what parents will say ?

Bentley2008

Reaction score
Hello, We are hopefully going to be TTC this year sometime, i will be 24 dec, partner will be 31, We have been together 5 years, own our home, have good jobs etc etc.

The thing that is holding me off is my mum, what will she say??? (Im an only child :cry: LOL)

My partner did mention that we would like a baby next year and would she be ok with that - Her reply 'Good God Yes! but who would look after the baby ?

So my question, how do you deal with parents? I know we are old enough etc

Hello, I'm also 24.

My Mum and I are close, and she knows how much I want a baby. She knows we are waiting until we are financially stable so she has no qualms. I asked her if she might be the slightest bit excited and she says once I'm actually pregnant she'll be over the moon, but is waiting until then to get her hopes up. He he.

My dad and I are not close, and I don't care in the slightest if he would have an opinion one way or the other.

Hubby's parents would both be thrilled. He's 25 but his older sister (32) just had her third little girl early last year. Guess they're just looking forward to more grandkids. Ha ha!

Hon only you can live your life - as you said you are in a stable environment thats good - why shouldn't you go for it

I wouldn't tell them too much more than what your other half has already said - you get on with ttc and tell them when you are pregnant xxx

I'm only 21, but I'll be 24 when we ttc. And I'm also worried what my Mum will say, I don't give a sh*t to what my biological dad thinks. I'm the youngest and the only girl so I'm the baby lol

im not 24 but i think you already know what your mother will think so theres not really anything to "deal" with. She already said she'd love a grandchild. I dont think she'd boo it just because of who may look after the baby. There are a lot of options out there :) maybe she was dropping a hint! haha

I'm just about 24 and my mom keeps telling me "Wait a few years...don't screw up your life with a kid" but I know once I have a kid she'll be the grandma who spoils the most. All the other sets of parents will be ecstatic, plus pretty well all of my hubby's and my siblings were under 24 when they had their kids.

I will be 27 when we start TTC in a few months and I still feel nervous about telling my Mum and Dad! :lol:

It is nothing to do worrying what they will think or say as we are incredibly close, they will be over the moon, we talk about it all the time, they are more then ready to be Grandparents and know me and my gorgeous man are ready to be parents but I am still their little girl and I think it is totally natural to be nervous / excited about it!!!!!!

xxx

I'm 24, although by the time we're TTC I'll be 26. I feel ready to be a mum now but my OH is not ready to be a dad. So we're waiting. But i know that when i do get pregnant i will have the support of both my parents and my OH's. The only reason they fuss is because they worry about you, perhaps they feel you will be missing out on travelling, a career, time on your own etc etc but lets face it there are a lot of women younger than 24 who have babies! I think 24 is a good age, not too young or old. In the end its your decision & if you're happy then go for it!!! xx

Hey i am 22, 23 in April.
Me and my OH plan to TTC when i am 24 and will prob be 25 when baby is born! i dont think this is 'too young' at all as long as your financially stable. We are waiting for our dream house to come on the market so we can buy it, then hope to get married next year then will TCC. xx

Hya me and my partner want to start trying but i too am scared what my parents will say, they love children but always say am too young to be a granny!!!! x

Falling pregnant at 17 and having to tell my mum was the hardest thing I ever had to do. The disappointment on her face said it all. By the time I had my daughter, I was 18, and Mum had got used to the idea of being a Nanna and was over the moon when it happened :) I also made a point of never asking her to babysit, or help me out so that I could prove I could do it, (stubborn pride n all that!)

So being 24 and having kiddies? By the sounds of it your mum is just fine and dandy about you having little ones, so dont worry! :hugs:

Thanks for all your replies, I know she will be ok but its so daunting actually telling her that im having a baby (When we are).

She hasnt mentioned anything to me, she knows that we love our holidays etc but life doesnt stop when you have kids, she will just have to get over it.

Once again thanks :wave:

hi, i am 23 this year, get married in june but already live together. OH is 32.
i think your mum will be fine with it by the sounds of things, you sound as though everything is under control!!. im so sick of people telling me im too young to get married never mind even having children..we plan to start ttc after the wedding xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->