25 and want to be steralised

Oh and I have already agreed once our family is finished he will have a vasectomy. It's a very simple procedure and much more easily reversed if it is needed. If OH wouldn't have that done then I'd probably say we wouldn't be having sex anymore.

If OH wouldn't have that done then I'd probably say we wouldn't be having sex anymore.
:haha::haha:

i like that, i do understand from both points of view its just that i am so fed up of filling my body with drugs constantly so the option availabe to me is steralisation.

x

Personally I don't think they would allow it. Isn't the minimum age 30? My mum had it done like 16 years ago and she was only 25 when she had it done BUT she has epilepsy and not one single contraceptive worked for her. She could have the pill/injection etc as the hormones messed up with her epilepsy tablets and the coil made her bleed 24/7 so she got sterilised. She has never regretted it but she has always made it clear to both my sister and I that she did not want kids (neither of us were planned)

It might be worth a mention to the doctor but don't get your hopes up :hugs: x

I think it is a bad idea tbh.

Also, for people saying vasectomys are easy reversed, they don't always work and they are pretty expensive!!

I have always been definate about wanting 2 children and after that if i wanted more i would adopt or foster.

As for other contraception methods the only one that doesnt involve drugs of some sort is the coil and i cant have that :nope:

I do know of people who have been steralised younger! I cant ask OH to do it because if we split i want him to have the option of having more children where as i am certain i only want the two.

Guess im just wierd

x

I worry about putting hormones into my body too hun :hugs:

What about condoms? Male and female versions?
And using spermicide? O:)

You could also look into the diaphragm and cap.
Or natural family planning and obviously the withdrawal method?
I would be a bit iffy about using natural family planning and withdrawal methods but if you could find out the offical statistics for using them they may turn out to be very safe when used correctly.

Just worry that, as many have said you never know what's around the corner and if you were to change your mind after it's been done . . . .

:flower:

i am 34 and have 3 children, my doctor almost laughed out loud when i asked about being sterilised after lana was born

Personally I don't think they would allow it. Isn't the minimum age 30?
No, it's down to the discretion of the individual specislist although they generally only perform it in under 25s in exceptional circumstances. They will almost always recommend counselling and will take into account things like no of children, family structure, age of children etc.

hi hun, im only 22 and have a plan with my gyn that after i have 2 kids i will be getting a hystorectomy. the only reason for this is because i have pain everyday and they cannot figure it out. i dont know what ure whole situation is but it IS possible to have done.some people may think its not possible but it really is and its up to you what you want done as long as you know your done having kids and have really thought things over then u can probly have it done

My friend who was 24 and had one child was told to come back when she was 35 or had 5 kids by more than one doctor.

Why dont you use barrier methods? If its the cost, condoms are handed out free at family planning clinics, and they are effective too. I would not like using chemical contraceptives (like the pill or coil) as I like to be drug-free (not on any medication), theres no way I would consider being sterelised, I would just use any other method possible even if that meant using cumbersome barrier methods.
:flower:

I have talked to my doctor a lot about other methods, I cant use the cap because the shape of my cervix means there is very little chance of me fitting it right and i know they can be reliable but Jaden was conceived through a condom and the pill so i have little faith in them.

I am going back into the doctors later in the week i will ask again then. x

The Persona monitor is 94% effective, maybe worth a look??

I hate being on till pill. I have tried implant, pill and coil. I REALLY do not want anymore children (as lovely as they are) I would be devastated if I fell pregnant on the pill. I thought about being sterilised but my OH said he would get the snip if I am sure ( I am lol) so will see how it goes x

i am 34 and have 3 children, my doctor almost laughed out loud when i asked about being sterilised after lana was born
Tht angers me what make him think it's funny the git.you wouldn't have asked if not serious x

hi hun, im only 22 and have a plan with my gyn that after i have 2 kids i will be getting a hystorectomy. the only reason for this is because i have pain everyday and they cannot figure it out. i dont know what ure whole situation is but it IS possible to have done.some people may think its not possible but it really is and its up to you what you want done as long as you know your done having kids and have really thought things over then u can probly have it done

Have you been checked for Endometriosis?I have had it 16 years,always live in pain but have been told no way will I get a hysterectomy :hugs:
I have talked to my doctor a lot about other methods, I cant use the cap because the shape of my cervix means there is very little chance of me fitting it right and i know they can be reliable but Jaden was conceived through a condom and the pill so i have little faith in them.

I am going back into the doctors later in the week i will ask again then. x

Push him for the sterilisation if that's what you want or seek a 2nd opinion.

I wanted to be sterilised when i had my 3rd baby.I was told no as I was suffering from depresion and not thinking straight :growlmad: i have lost 9 babies.Getting pregnant scares me and I suffered at the hands of very bad domestic violence and didn't want a child born in to that again.

Due to my problems inside,Endometriosis and cysts on ovaries the pill isn't for me.the coil was hell and i conceived and miscarried with that.I don't feel safe with condoms, withdrawal method or rhythm.But still they refused to help me

I like you felt it unfair on my partner but he is now willing to go and get a vasectomy as he hates seeing me suffer in pain in pregnancy and is scared to loose another.

Saying that i have just had my 5th baby who was a shock as I was finally allowed the op last November but baby was already there!

So off to the drs again this week and I'm hoping they will do it when I have an op to remove my cysts in a few weeks.

Good luck hun xxxx

Push him for the sterilisation if that's what you want or seek a 2nd opinion.

I wanted to be sterilised when i had my 3rd baby.I was told no as I was suffering from depresion and not thinking straight :growlmad: i have lost 9 babies.Getting pregnant scares me and I suffered at the hands of very bad domestic violence and didn't want a child born in to that again.

Due to my problems inside,Endometriosis and cysts on ovaries the pill isn't for me.the coil was hell and i conceived and miscarried with that.I don't feel safe with condoms, withdrawal method or rhythm.But still they refused to help me

I like you felt it unfair on my partner but he is now willing to go and get a vasectomy as he hates seeing me suffer in pain in pregnancy and is scared to loose another.

Saying that i have just had my 5th baby who was a shock as I was finally allowed the op last November but baby was already there!

So off to the drs again this week and I'm hoping they will do it when I have an op to remove my cysts in a few weeks.

Good luck hun xxxx

Thank you hun, i have thought long and hard about this and its what i want. If OH does change his mind after we catch with the next one (ntnp) then thats his choice i wont push him. I know he doesnt have to tell anyone but i can see his point of feeling less of a man apparently me not being able to have children is ok because i still have breasts!!! - didnt quite get that point but hey :haha::haha:

Its nice to have some support, my age shouldnt matter. Some women have had 4/5 children by 25 and others wont have children till they are 40. We choose when to have children (accidents asside) so why cant we choose when to stop having children?

:hugs::hugs:

My doctor told me that male sterilisation is much more effective then female sterilisation 1:2000 fails in men and 1:200 fails in women so it might help persuade oh if he sees the stats. Take oh with you when you go see the doc next so they can see you both want the same thing which will help your case.

doctors sterilise young people fairly often, i know has i work in a docs office and he sends quite a few referral offers. usually the situation is that the woman has 3+ kids, often unplanned and really cannot afford anymore. it is unfair of your oh though, you are already the one that has had to go through putting hormones in your body and it is a much more serious op for a woman

EOZ- yes ive been checked for it all and the only thing my doc has seen was a dark patch on the inside of my uterus. othere than that nothing can be found.thats what he thinks is causing all the pain and said the only way to get ride of it is a hystorectomy, also because it runs in the family

sam, I can respect your position and your right to do what you think is right for you, but I just feel I should share with you that I work for a pct, dealing with funding requests, and if you knew the number of requests we get to fund reversal of sterilisation and vasectomies or for IVF because people change their mind, it's hearbreaking. I sometimes get women in tears on the phone who are so desperate to be a mum again, because circumstances have changed. They would give everything to be able to turn the clock back. They too were certain of their decision at the time.

You say that you are certain that you only want 2 children, but you don't know what might happen in life that could make you change your mind. I have a beautiful boy and beautiful girl, and after my boy was born, I thought this was it, that nature had been so kind to grant my two perfect children and that was enough. But then things happened, my partner and I separated, and I met my new partner. He doesn't have children but would love to become a dad. It's not that I am desperate to become a mum again, I am aware how lucky I am, but I would sooooo love to have a child with the man I love and to give him the chance to become a dad.

I am not hinting that you could separate or anything like that, but even without separating, there might be reason that makes you want to be a mum again. I can understand making that choice when you are living in pain day after day, but otherwise, I think it is taking a very big chance that your feelings will never change. I am 40 in two months, and my God have I changed my views and my feelings since I was 25!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->