25 hours in... Losing hope fast :(

AK89

Reaction score
I've been in latent labour contracting every 2-4 minutes since 4am yesterday. I am exhausted. Making barely any progress. Not had any sleep despite the midwife giving me diamorphine to help me get some rest 6 hours ago; all that seemed to do was slow my contractions right down :( I am exhausted and losing all faith. Contractions have gone to nearly every 6 minutes which means I've taken a massive step back and haven't even gained anything from it. Baby's head is still floating about, despite being told she was 3/5 engaged at 36 weeks then "pretty much fully engaged" from 39 weeks. So now she's just not putting enough pressure down below to make any sort of progress. It's just an excruciating, exhausting waiting game and I'm starting to lose it :cry: They kept me in after my third visit to triage probably just out of pity because I was in so much pain with intense contractions every 2 minutes.

I just don't know what to do :cry:

Oh, Ak89, I'm so sorry to hear you are in so much pain and discomfort.

Just remember that you will soon be holding your sweet little baby in your arms!!! Will they let you walk around, bounce, do anything to help her move down? If she is not moving down, maybe you can do a nice soak in the bath if your hospital/birth center offers that since she is not moving down anyway, that will at least help you with the pain.

I am also not pushing this on you at all, but I am just reminding you that there is no shame in choosing pain relief (epidural/spinal block) if they are an option. For some, it is the only way to get through, and then you could get some rest while your little one was playing this "will she, won't she" game. Like I said, I'm not pushing the medication, but it sounds like you are really struggling.

I hope you have support there with you! Someone to comfort you and talk to you? Some music you can focus on besides just the exhaustion and pain? Anything to distract you?

I'm so sorry you are suffering :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Take care!!!!!!

Oh honey I know how you feel, I had been in labour for 17 hours when they told me I was still 4cm even after breaking my waters and contractions every minute. I then had an epidural and once it was in I needed to push, it helped my body relax so I was able to dilate. His head was really high too as the doctor said she'd leave me for an hour for it to "come down" but he was born about 5 minutes later as my body pushed him down.
Don't lose hope, the end is in sight:hugs: Also are you able to get in a bath? I found that helped in the beginning before I could have pain relief x

I know how you feel, I was in labor for 27 hours. It was really exhausting especially since I had to have magnesium sulfate drip which felt like i got hit by a truck. Hope all is well for you, and I hope to hear an update soon.

Oh no, sorry it's not going smoothly for you :( i really hope things pick up quickly for you. You will get there, the end is in sight!
Xxx

Good luck! It's truly horrendous. I laboured for 60+ hours with my son, and it is not a nice experience.
Ask them if they have a bath. If you are up on the ward, they should have. I spent my time on the ward in and out of the bath. I couldn't stay in too long, I get fidgety when I'm in pain, but it was relieving enough for me to dip in and out.

And good luck! Won't be long now!

Hope u either managed some rest or your holding your beautiful bundle of joy xx

Praying for you and baby, hope you make some progress soon <3

Stay upright...walk, do squats, anything to keep gravity on your team!

Aww hun I had a long latent labour too it really is exhausting :( staying active or at least staying upright helped bring my labour on. Keeping everything crossed you will meet your little one soon! :)

I did it! Holding her in my arms as we speak :) she is perfect, worth every minute of it. I'll post my birth story sometime soon with lots more pics! For now I'll try and work out how to post one pic on here on my mobile! (Still in hospital with baba, should be out tmrw afternoon)

Attachments

• 20141015_045626.jpg
    20141015_045626.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 37
Oops upside down! But you catch my drift :)

Gorgeous little angel!!! She's gorgeous!!! I'm so glad to hear from you, and I'm glad to hear the labor is over

Congratulations, mommy!!! :hugs:

Congratulations!!!! She's lovely xxx all the best xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"