25 week midwife appt

emmar75

due 23-9-11
Reaction score
just got back from my 25 week midwife visit.

was only in there about 15 mins, she tested urine, took blood pressure, felt stomach and measured, listened to baby's heartbeat.

she said that my blood pressure is higher than last time, but not bad.

she said the baby is measuring a bit bigger than average but that this doesnt necessarily mean a big baby, god knows what it does mean then???

she said there is some protein in my wee so she is sending that off to the hospital for testing, hope that there is nothing wrong with that and it is nothing.

was good to her the heartbeat again

i also had a chat with her about how long you have to stay in hospital for after you have given birth. she said that there is no set time, you could literally have it and go. they have to check the baby over and there is a heart test which can only be done when the baby is six hrs old so most people stay til at least then, but she said my midwife centre has a midwife there who can perform the test so you could bring the baby in for that. she said that it is best to stay in for a couple of nights if you are breastfeeding so that the midwives in the hospital can help you get established for that. makes sense really to use their expertise whilst you are there.

also asked her about other half visiting times and she said that fathers (or other birth partners) dont have to stick to the visiting hours they can come from 8 am - 9.30 pm. at my hospital grandparents also get an extra hour of visiting every day.

my mum said that one of my sisters had her second at about 6 am and came home dinner time

pleased everything went well, hope the protein isnt anything to worry about, could just be a little deyhdrated maybe?

Measuring slightly bigger is nothing to worry about - I measure small and have big babies :lol: its just a guide that things are going nicely iykwim?

I dont remember either of my 2 having a heart test at 6 hours old? Although they were checked over by a paediatrician before being discharged! First 2 I stayed over night this time I plan to come home the same day (depending on the time obviously :lol:) x

Glad to hear things went well.

I doubt you have anything to worry about.

How did she work out that your baby is measuring bigger than average?? Do you mean the fundal height it bigger than 25?? If so, I wouldnt worry about that, and also it doesnt generally mean a big baby - you could be just holding a lot of water etc.:flower:

with regard to the protein in my wee she said that it could be a water infection or a bit of thrush or anything really but they do need to check it out obviously because of pre-eclampsyia.

she measured me from pubic bone to top of stomach so presume this is the fundal height? will check on my notes exactly what the measurement was. she did say that it was nowt to worry about.

maybe it is just some check that they have to do after six hours old or something then... sure she said it was something to do with the heart?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->