25 weeks varicose veins

loveylove

Reaction score
Is anyone else suffering with varicose veins? Mine are so bad this pregnancy- I've only ever gotten them on my right side (which I've read is very common) but this time they're so much worse. If I'm wearing leggings you can literally see the bulging veins through the leggings.

I've gotten some light knee high compression stockings but I think I might get the thigh high ones as the problem starts on the back of my thigh.

Is anyone else suffering from this? I weigh around 11.5 stone (155lbs) and 10lb of that has been gained during pregnancy. I read a massive weight gain can put strain on your veins, I just don't feel like I've gained an enormous amount for 25 weeks.

I've had some since my first pregnancy and although they were ugly I didn't really care, these look abnormally bulgy.

I am! I had them with my first pregnancy from abojt 28 weeks but these are worse and I've had them for weeks! They are painful, also more on my right side. I got a maternity support belt which helps monkey.

They are horrible and make me feel really ugly and self conscious :-/ I just try not to squat or sit/stand for long periods of time...and try and rest with my feet up if I'm in pain

I feel ya!! Only one big fat ugly thing at the moment but another small one is popping out on my left leg too. I had the one on my right leg last pregnancy and it has always remained there bit not bulgy until the weight gain and it seems to be popping out further and further down my leg. I'm 20 weeks this week and I weigh about 59-60kg not put on much weight yet but like you you can see it through leggings. Once pregnancy is over do you know if anything can be done? Do they remove them?

I'm hoping there's some sort of treatment for them once pregnancy is over. I would be really upset if my leg was going to look/feel like this forever! I also read that you're suppose to sleep on your left side to relieve the pressure- Of course I sleep on my right side. I might mention to my midwife at 28 week appointment...

Other than that I have nothing else to moan about lol

I got them half way through my second pregnancy. They improved a lot after the birth and losing weight, they were still noticeable but not bulging. They are back to bulging again this pregnancy and will no doubt get worse until the birth. I'm going to get some support tights or stockings to help.

Hoping to get them treated at some point after the birth as I believe the nhs is starting to treat varicose veins again now as their policy has changed.

I know this is tmi but I have them terrible on/in my vaginal area and they are sore! Is this normal!?!

I know this is tmi but I have them terrible on/in my vaginal area and they are sore! Is this normal!?!

Happens more often than you'd think. I thought I was going through this as I had a lot of itching, swelling and pain in the area (kicked in the groin feeling) worse by the end of the day. Of course I then developed a yeast infection, but even after treatment there's still the initial symptoms. Witch hazel/Tucks pads and sprays help relieve some of the inflammation.

Not much to be done about vaginal/vulvar varicose veins. Icing can help. Lying down can relieve the pressure build up. There are supports (V2) that help hold everything in place. The weight of the baby and uterus basically puts so much pressure on the veins that you get varicose veins. They are supposed to go away after birth.

I'm not convinced that I don't have some minor congestion. Exercising is all but impossible. I waddle like I'm months further along than I am and squatting is ridiculously hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->