25w4d lack of movement?

Sarahk86

Reaction score
I'm almost 26 w and last week she was kicking like crazy. The last few days I feel like I have barely felt her move. I'm beginning to worry anyone else ever go through this?

I'm almost 26 w and last week she was kicking like crazy. The last few days I feel like I have barely felt her move. I'm beginning to worry anyone else ever go through this?

As long as you're still feeling some movement I'm sure all is ok but if it's really out of the norm for you then perhaps tell your midwife for peace of mind.

I am 23 weeks and my little boy kicks quite regularly (feels like he never sleeps) but some days I can tell he has changed position and is likely facing my back because the kicks are less pronounced and further apart. Then the next day he'll be back to kicking like normal again. Maybe monitor over 24hrs and see how you go before you decide what to do.

I think they tell you not to 'count kicks' until 28 weeks but I would rather err on the side of caution if you feel something is wrong.

I have an anterior placenta and so movement can be weaker at times. But if you've noticed a marked change I'd contact your midwife. I know my hospital would see me if I had experienced a real drop in movement.

I'm sure nothing is wrong but I would always always check any reduced movements 24 weeks onwards. It's better to be cautious than ignore! My midwife said to me she would rather I checked 10 times and everything be ok rather than not check that once and something be wrong x

My babies always get quiet when they're having a growth spurt. Just like a baby in the outside world, they'll do more napping and resting when they're having a growth spurt. That being said, your baby could also be facing outward, and you won't feel many of those this early (later on, you'll see pokes or feel like your baby is pressing out, and you'll be able to feel them with your hand on your belly). I personally wouldn't worry, but it wouldn't hurt to call your doctor if you need reassurance because I would NEVER tell someone to not call their dr if they're worried. That's what they're there for. :)

Any reduction in movement should be checked out, even below 28 weeks. Baby is probably just having a lazy couple of days but best to be safer rather than sorry.

Thank you all so much for the info I'm going tomorrow to see the dr. Fingers crossed all is well

Def get checked but hopefully it's nothing to worry about. They will listen into the HB on the Doppler most likely. Not sure about elsewhere but they don't hook you up to a trace until 28 weeks in the UK. I've been down to be checked twice as baby has random days of what feels like barely any movement to me! I went in on Tuesday and was monitored and baby was moving like crazy on the monitor but I couldn't feel much at all weirdly! Midwife said it's just because partly baby is still quite small in weight and bulk and as baby had moved into a funny position that I couldn't feel as much. She said by 30 weeks, if my baby stays as wriggly as it was on Tuesday, she'll be driving me mad with her movements :) ha, but I hope so as I love feeling her move! Interestingly, on my walk home from the hospital I felt a really strong rolling sensation and then suddenly, I could feel all the movements again!

Hope all is OK for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->