26+3 Reduced Movements Last Two Days

Sb86

Reaction score
I don't wanna say anything to my mum cos she will panic beyond belief, but normally my baby is so active but then yesterday and today I'm noticing lack of real kicks and movement. She is still moving but not as much and not as powerful.. Should I worry? What should I do? I know apparently this Count The Kicks thing starts at 28 weeks, but I'm only a week and half off it anyway..

Advice?
Thanks x

I wouldn't worry. I was about 25 weeks or so and there was one day that I felt nothing, the next day was very little. I was really worried and almost went to the doctor. I read lots of ladies on here commenting that it happened to them so I figured I would wait it out. All is good and by the third day things were back to normal. I did mention it to my doctor and she said that I could have gone into the doctor and they would have checked it out just to make me feel better. She said most times when they hook women up to the monitor they see the baby dancing around in there and the mom just can't feel the baby at that time.
If it makes you feel better call your doctor or midwife and see if you can at least get them to listen to the baby.

I wouldn't worry. I was about 25 weeks or so and there was one day that I felt nothing, the next day was very little. I was really worried and almost went to the doctor. I read lots of ladies on here commenting that it happened to them so I figured I would wait it out. All is good and by the third day things were back to normal. I did mention it to my doctor and she said that I could have gone into the doctor and they would have checked it out just to make me feel better. She said most times when they hook women up to the monitor they see the baby dancing around in there and the mom just can't feel the baby at that time.
If it makes you feel better call your doctor or midwife and see if you can at least get them to listen to the baby.
It's so hard not to think bad things! I CANT WAIT TO GIVE BIRTH!! Wah!

Oh you don't have to tell me that. This pregnancy had not been that bad to deal with compared to what I have heard from others....but I am so ready for 40 weeks. We had 2.5 years of trying and 3 losses before this pregnancy so we are so tired of it all. I try to stay positive but I just want the baby here safely already!

You're not too far off from me, I am Sept 7th.

The Maternity Assessment Unit won't see you before 28 weeks but your midwife should. I gave mine a call at 26 weeks due to reduced movements and she saw me the same day. She listened in, measured my stomach, and felt baby's position. It made me feel better so don't be afraid to give them a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->