26, CD6, month 6 of ttc & irregular cycles - anyone similar?

Violinnem

Reaction score

Hi everyone,
I'm 26, on CD6 and in month 6 of ttc. I don't have regular cycles (24-35 days, was on the injection for 6 years and then mini-pill until March this year so may still be adjusting back to normal?), I don't really get opks and my temperature seems to be everywhere so when I ovulate seems to be a big mystery! Me and the fella are trying the approach of BD'ing every 2 days RIGHT throughout the cycle this month to see if that helps get the coveted +ve pg test result!! We're also trying Sasmar Conceive+ lubricant (sorry I tmi!) to up the chances even more, anyone have any positive news from others to report back on this?
Generally I'm just looking for someone similar to have a natter to and keep the morale up :thumbup:
Baby dust to all :flower: xxx

Hi lovely. I'm not quite in a similar situation but thought I'd reply anyway!

I'm on my 2nd cycle of TTC....and my periods are now completely regular....but it took a bit of time to get them that way. I spent 6 years with an Implanon Implant in, and then a few months on Cerazette mini-pill, and my periods were all over the place....sometimes I wouldn't get one for 3 months, then I'd get 2 within a few weeks. Luckily I stopped all contraception about a year before TTC, not because I was actually planning to TTC (I wasn't at that time)....purely just because of the side effects I was getting, and I was also trying to lose weight and I felt it wasn't helping.

I deffo think you are doing the right thing BD'ing every 2 days throughout the whole cycle, that way, you won't miss the egg when it comes.

You should give the OPKs a go. They are pretty good when you figure them out, and it will give you a little bit more insight to when you are close to ovulation. I start taking mine early in the month (CD 8) and then take them for a good couple of weeks if need be. I havn't temped yet, as only in my 2nd month TTC, and can't really be bothered lol.

I've heard of Conceive+....this month I've started using Pre-seed, which I think is pretty similar to Conceive, only it has to be ordered online....as I'm in the UK, and I've seen that Conceive+ can be bought over the counter here, so I'm going to swap to that if this cycle doesn't work. It definately can't do any harm!

I hope I've been of some help?? I'd love to natter some more if you'd like?

Good luck sweetie.

xxx

I havn't temped yet, as only in my 2nd month TTC, and can't really be bothered lol.
- Abso-bloomin-lutely!! What a complete faff it seems to be!

Thanks so so much for your reply! It's reassuring to know that it might still be the after effects of the contraception and not anything potentially more worrisome. I'll just have to keep tracking cycle lengths and also TRY to find out when I actually bloomin' ovulate!! I'll give the OPKs a proper try this month. On CD6 at the moment so will try tomorrow morning onwards and take pictures of them to track the results a bit better.

I've just subscribed to your TTC Journal too :flower:

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and good luck and best wishes to you on your journey this month!! xxx

Yeah deffo give the OPKs a go.....and fingers crossed your cycles will sort themselves out soon. Years and years of contraception is bound to take a little while to work its way completely out of your system.

Thanks so much for subscribing to my journal! Have you got one? You should get one so you've got a place to post your OPKs etc, and then we can give each other our opinions etc :)

Good luck chick! *hugs* xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->