27 and confused

Daisy Delayne

Reaction score
I'm brand new here by the way. I'm 27 years old and within the past year I've had these insanely strong baby urges which really surprised me. The only thing is, my brain is torn between wanting a baby and wanting to do all these other things first, like travel and plus I just got out of school so I'm at the first job I've ever had in my field and really want to further my career and pay off student debts. But then these irrational baby thoughts pop in and say, "Screw everything else, have a baby!!". One day I feel like all I want to do is settle down and have a family, the next day I think that's the last thing I want to do, I don't want to settle down for several years yet. It's really confusing and a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. Anyone else feel conflicted??

Welcome to bnb! I'm also 27 and have conflicted thoughts nearly every other day so no you're not alone in that. I think you need to do what you feel is right. In our lives there's nearly always something else going on that makes me think that we better hold off but I've had enough of waiting and have discussed it with DH and we're gonna stick to our plans, as I just don't think there'll ever be that "perfect time" to have a baby.

Hi,
Welcome to bnb!
I know what you mean, im 25 and have been with my hubby for 8 years, and everything seems right on paper- it is the perfect time to have a baby. But we want to do a few other things first, like go on a big holiday next year. Sometimes im really excited about the holiday n think "theres no way we could have a baby right now- we'd miss out on that" but then other times (like u said) i just think "but i want a baby now!"

Bloody hormones!!!!

Hi Daisy, I totally get where you're coming from.

Me and OH have been talking about starting a family for over a year now but there always seems to be something that gets in the way - mainly my career. We put the baby plans on hold and decided to get married first, with the idea of ttc from honeymoon onwards. Great we thought, we can live with that however yesterday I was offered a great job. Now i'm not sure what to do. I want it all :hissy:

As BritAccrossSea said there's never a 'perfect' time. It's probably best to get a realistic idea of when to TTC in your head and stick to it. - I need to take my own advice!

Its a hard one, and for some reason, I feel I can't say one way or the other. Do what you feel is best and lots of luck

Yep, I'm in the same boat as well. I'm 26 and doing my PhD at the moment and am thinking about some further training afterwards. In our case, we just thought about what life would be like with a baby at the moment (financially, socially...) and then what it would be like with a baby in a few years and we've decided on waiting a little longer. Having said that, I'm not saying we won't change our minds next week...

Good to know I"m not the only one. It always seems like people are sure one way or another but I guess it's just not something that comes up. I didn't know such a forum existed, it's pretty cool!

Welcome to BnB, hope u decide what to do for the best soon. lots of ladies on here in the same situation, so dont worry :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->