27 plus weeks and having tightening's for ovwe a week

laura5

Reaction score
i'm 27+5 weeks pregnant, 5th baby never had no complications or anything over the other 4 all on time and over due!
with this little one its very different, had to go into hospital the other day cause of constant tightening which they picked up on the monitor so i had to be kept in over night, they let me go home the following day as they did all the internal checks and my cervix is still closed!
i'm ever so worried as the tightening are still coming and going and some are really painfull, also had a lot of diahrea today!
has anyone got any advise or been through anything similar?

I'd trust your instincts. If you feel something's not quite right then keep on at your midwife/local hospital. Sorry I can't answer your question really. Hope it turns out to be nothing and your pregnancy progresses further. Sending positive vibes.

Sending you hugs xx I didn't have anything similar - my baby was early due to pre-eclampsia, but if your baby does happen to arrive early (fingers crossed it doesn't!) I'm a mummy of a 27 weeker so I can be here for you!

Stay put little one! xxxxx

I would think it might be BH contractions which are regular. BUT if you are having contractions that are 4 an hr for more than 2 hrs and laying down and drinking water wont get rid of, i would ring your midwife again. I have had 5 preemies b/c of PTL and i hate to see others go through it. PTL is very different from real labor. It feels different. It does not hurt like real labor but it is hard to explain. I would keep on the midwives and the hospital b/c seeing a baby in a NICU is heart breaking.

Hi, I had the same thing. I was admitted at 26 weeks with tightenings which showed on the monitor but cervix still closed. I was tightening pretty much all the time from then on and sometimes they would get close together and I'd end up back in the hospital again to be monitored.

Try not to worry too much, we made it to 33+5 before my cervix started dilating and even then got to 34 weeks before he was born.

Have they given you some steroids? I reckon that really helped my LO. Also just make sure you rest and don't think about housework, shopping, etc etc. Get your feet up and rest to keep that precious bundle in there baking a bit longer.

If you don't feel right go get checked out. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I started having strong braxton hicks at 28 weeks + 3 days that turned into real contractions, and my LO was born 3 days later. Mine came on slowly at first, and then started to get more frequent and painful, and I also had the runs. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->