27 TTC #1 looking for a buddy

lol2811

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Im 27 and on cycle 5 TTC bump #1!

I came off BC september last year and the 4 full cycles i have had have been from 28-31 days (LP 11 days and then 13 days this last cycle)

For cycle number 5 i am doing the following:

EPO up till Ov
Soy - 160mg cd3-5 and 200mg cd6+7
B50 complex daily

We are also trying the second cycle of the SMEP.

Looking for someone to chat to really. DH is very good but there have been some days when i have felt very very low and although i know he does understand i dont think he fully understands as although he does want a baby he is happy to wait until it happens where as I am desperate for it to happen now, if that makes sense.

Anyway would be nice to make some new friends and have people going through the same thing to talk to.

xx

Hi chicken,

I will be your buddy, Im always on hand to vent shout cry or jump for joy.xx DH and I have been TTC for 14 months:cry:

But I have upped my game this month and got tests being run this week!
I am on CD 18 and around 4 DPO-just going on CM & temp and charting via fertility friend- spend a small fortune on ovulation kits so gonna give it a break- driving me insane:wacko:

Anyway Im here if you want me:hugs: xxx

Bump...I'm 28 ttc #1 for 18 months now! We are in the same boat, husband is a lot more laid back..he works out of town all week so we are very limited as to when we can "Try" this month we are trying EPO and Bcomplext as well...I'm ovulating tomorrow or Tuesday, so we are going to BD tonight and hope it sticks!! Fx and good luck!

Hi Ladies

I'd love to buddy up with you, hopefully we can stick together and become bump buddies very soon!!!

HI LOL, sounds like we are in a similar situation. I am 27 and we have been trying for 5 months, though I only had one cycle where I charted and used OPKs. It looks like we are on the same CD. How long are your cycles? I am trying preseed, softcups and clomid this round (since my cycles are so long).

Hi drgomps

My first 3 cycles off bc were 28 days with an 11 day lp and my 4th cycle was 31 days with a 13 day lp (really got my hopes up when af didn't show as usual).

I'm really hoping this cycle is the one, for both of us!

I am really trying to stay positive which I find really really difficult. Every so often I imagine what it would feel like to get that bfp then my brain kicks in and tells me don't be so silly but trying to snap out of thinking like that.

Hi LOL,
I know how you feel. Its hard to believe that the second line will ever show up...
I have decided that I am sick of putting my life on hold until I get that BFP. I had quite drinking alcohol & coffee completely and even turning down social events in case I was tempted. I am not drinking a ton now, but I won't deny myself the odd socially here and there (but never in the 2WW). I still don't drink coffee, but am drinking green tea in the morning for that pick me up. I have also been distracted at work and less productive. I work in a lab (what do you do?) and make my own schedule by planning and executing my own research experiments, but all I can do recently is scroll through baby sites. I thought I was pregnant last cycle (false positive) and it hit me that I am going to need time off so I have to work my hardest now so my boss will be less disappointed when she finds out i am going to take maternity leave.So I really need to be more focused now, especially since conceiving could take time and chances are once I am pregnant, everything is going to be ten times more difficult. THey say that taking clomid can mimic morning sickness, if thats the case I am going to be pretty nauseous for quite a while. :(

Anywho...that is sort of a long rant, but this is where I am at today. Have to head to work in the snow...grrr...whats the weather like where you are?

I feel exactly the same some days it is so difficult to concentrate all that seems to be on my mind is babies and I just can't seem to find the off switch.

I am an auditor so spend alot of time on the computer which makes it even more tempting to look on the Internet at various baby related things.

We had alot of snow just before Christmas but it's all gone now, still very cold though.

Hows it going today? What are you doing to pass the time away?

Hiya

Well I'm signed off work at the minute as I had an op on my knee a couple weeks back, got one more week off then I'll be back at work. Has def made it more difficult to focus on something other than babies but been doing alot of reading.

On cd11 today, was meant to begin BDing last night but dh had to work late so we are going at it tonight.

How's things your end xx

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining! I am new to the site but very excited to find people who know exactly how I feel. I am 25, my husband and I have been ttc #1 for a year and a half... I am currently 5dpo on my first medicated cycle.. 50mg clomid cd5-9 and 1500mg metformin each day. Each month I feel like I over analyze everything I feel, Im trying really hard not to do that this month and kind of just relax... easier said than done! Only thing that seems out of the ordinary is I am VERY VERY emotional here all of the sudden... Well good luck to everyone, I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

-Heather

My boss is out of town, so I haven't been super productive...just trying to pass the time. ITs horrible, I know, but I wish all the time away until I am pregnant.

What kind of Knee surgery did you have? I had a meniscal repair (medial meniscus) about a year ago. It was rough, living in NYC means my legs are my main mode of transport. I used to have to walk about a mile everyday for my commute, now I live closer, so that helps as well.

When do you normally o? I am hoping, since this is the first go with clomid that I ovulate sooner...you are supposed to ovulate 5-10 days after the last pill (CD 14-19), which for me, would still be earlier then usual ( I usually o on CD 21 ). I hate having to wait so long just to o...I want to be in the 2WW already so I can obsess about symptoms. LOL.

DrGomps- have you had any side effects from the metformin? What dose are you on of you don't mind me asking?

I had a tear in my medial meniscus. I've had trouble with my knee for quite a few years so not expecting miracles.

I normally ov cd17/18 but would like to bring that forward a couple days just to shave some time off the waiting. I just really want to do whatever I can to try and give best possible odds of conceiving.

Hi to you aswell Heather.

Sorry I meant what dose of Clomid are you on?

Hi Heather, yeah I am not taking metformin, I am taking 50mg of clomid, CD 5-9. On CD 12. I actually took my first OPK today and it was bright, not quite positive, but I am hopeful I will ovulate before CD 21!! Any symptoms yet in the 2WW? I wish I was there already. Any side effects of clomid? It made me super nauseous and dizzy. If I have to go through another cycle :( I will take it at night and CD 3-7 (so I can o earlier). I had to take it days 5-9 because I was out of town and unable to start on CD 3.

LOL, we had the same injury. Did you have your meniscus removed or repaired? I had it repaired and the recovery time was longer...but after two years my knee is great ( I even can go on jogs again). The only thing is that it gets sore when the weather turned cold for a bit, but now its fine. Whats your name btw, so I am not always calling you LOL. Mine is Andrea.

I decided to take on some projects to keep myself busy...reorganizing the house and finally going through the hassle of changing my name. I want to have my name changed officially so I have the same surname as my husband on the birth certificate :) Trying to think positively.

Thats exciting, I hope you ovulate sooner than you had thought... The less the wait the better! I don't think the clomid gave me any symptoms, although the metformin does! The only "symptoms" and I hate to even call them that would be lower back pain which i usually get 5-6 days prior to af (so it has started 5 days sooner than normal) and yesterday evening I was nauseas (could have been the metformin). Sorry the clomid made you sick, it sucks but if it works its definitely worth it!

well maybe you are pg...you are going to get to test soon. fx'ed.

They removed the damaged bit so fx'ed it helps but I also have hyper mobility in my joints so that puts alot of extra strain on them and causes difficulties.

My name is Charlotte by the way.

That's brill news about the opk, hopefully ov is just round the corner and then let the waiting begin.

still no Positive OPK, I am preparing myself to have to wait another week to O like usual. :(

My joints are also hypermobile. I have a huge problem with my fibula moving out of its articulation at the knee with the tibia. I also broke my fibula once, which doesn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->