27 weeks but fundal height is 26 weeks?

laura_2010

Reaction score
Hi, I had my MW app today and she wrote down 26 weeks on the plotting as fundal height?
Is this ok to be a week behind all my growth scans have been behind but in normal range, This is the first time I have been measured this way... HB was good and she said come back in a week as I have weekly BP checks, I have another growth scan week on Thursday at 28 weeks... Thanks xx

Its not a problem hun. FH are fairly inaccurate because it all depends how baby is laying at the time. They will only get concerned ifyou are measuring 3+ weeks behind and not seeing a change week to week. With my DS, I ALWAYS measured behind but was still increasing appointment to appointment so they weren't concerned. However, at 38 weeks I was measuring at 33 and hadn't seen a change in a week or two (can't remember). They sent me for a growth scan and all was fine, baby was just sitting further back making my stomach not stick out as far.

Thank you... I worry as my last pregnancy ended at 23 weeks she did have a trisomy problem but was very small 3 weeks behind and now I worry glad you replied :) thank you all my other babies have been smaller by weight like 3lb born at 34weeks to 6lb 10oz my heaviest... xxxx

I think it's natural to worry with your history, but I don't think 1cm out is a concern especially as you're having growth scans which are more accurate x

i'm sorry to hear about losing your LO :hugs: i agree with Lora that the growth scans will give you a completely accurate picture of how baby is doing. And i had a small baby too...6 lb 13 ounces at 41+4

It's totally normal to be 2 weeks either side, I've always been behind in all 4 of my pregnancies and dd2 was born at 8lb 6oz so certainly not small. I've never found fundal height to be accurate personally but understand with your history why your worried.
I'm measuring two weeks behind this time too and so far my chart is saying that he should be 8lb at full term. :)

Thank you for the replies does make me feel so much better :) xxx

I've found them to be pretty inaccurate too! My first baby, they said that 38 weeks that I was measuring small and may need a growth scan, she was born the next day at 7lb 2oz. My second, they said I would probably have a 'very average sized baby' off the fundal height and he weighed 9lb 10.5oz at 41+4, and my youngest measured smaller several times and she was a very respectable 8lb 3oz at 41 weeks. They were all pretty low down in my pelvis and this definitely seemed to affect the measurement xxx

Hi I'm popping back from third tri, pretty much because I'm overdue and need to take my mind off things lol.
I don't blame you for worrying and I'm really sorry that you lost your little girl.
I've been measuring 1 week behind, fundal height, my whole pregnancy and baby is still doing just fine. The midwife told me that it isn't greatly accurate and they look more for changes etc. So as long as your measurements are increasing each time, then everything should be ok X

Thanks Ladies I really do feel better, I think they always add extra worry to me... Luckily im having growth scans so wont be long until my next one... but I think its when they say it to you isnt it...
All the best Lovemybubba until you have your little bundle xxx

I think fundal height is pretty random! Mine can go from 1 week ahead to 6 weeks ahead just because she decided to roll around and change positions. It did this last time I was at the midwife and baby is growing normally (I get growth scans too).

Also depends on the Midwife too and where they decide to measure from, as well as which way baby decides to lie at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->