28, TTC #1, endometriosis - would love a buddy!

lorileigh

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Lori. I am 28 and have been married for 5 years and my hubby and I have decided to start trying to have a baby.

I've been on birth control since age 13, b/c of irregular periods. I have endometriosis and lost one of my fallopian tubes b/c of it 8 years ago. After that by OBGYN put me on continuous birthcontrol, so I haven't acutally had a period since July 2003.

I'm nervous and excited all at the same time, and I would love a buddy to go through all this with! :thumbup:

Hi :) I am 26 and have been married for 2 years. So far I don't have any problems that I know of but am going on 6 months of ttc for #1. I would love to be your buddy

Hi there. :)
I was just about to post something exactly like your post!

I'm 24, future-hubby is 27, and we're about to start TTC starting Oct 17th! I'm so excited. I also have endometriosis, and I would LOVE having someone to talk to that knows how I feel, especially since only our parents and maybe one or two close friends know we're TTC. I've also been on BC since I was about 15, and this will be my first time off.

Let me know! :hug:

Thanks ladies! I'm excited to have some friends to go through this with.

KittyPaws - this is the first time I've ever been off birth control too, so I'm pretty nervous about that. I don't even have tampons at my house! If I even started to spot, my doctor would have me take an estrogen supplement to stop it, so I have no idea what my AF will be like. I'm curious is October 17th the day you are supposed to ovulate or is that a particular day that you've just decided to stop taking the pill?

We had kind of decided to start tryinging in "October". I stopped taking my allergy medicine last Friday (which I feel pretty awful without) so I figured I would give it a week to get it out of my system. So I'd say tomorrow may be my last day on the pill.

My doctor actually said that the first two weeks after I stop may be my most fertile, so we are planning to "make the best of it" :)

apple25 - Did you doctor say 6 months is pretty normal?

KittyPaws - this is the first time I've ever been off birth control too, so I'm pretty nervous about that. I don't even have tampons at my house! If I even started to spot, my doctor would have me take an estrogen supplement to stop it, so I have no idea what my AF will be like. I'm curious is October 17th the day you are supposed to ovulate or is that a particular day that you've just decided to stop taking the pill?

October 17th is the last pill in my birth control pack. :) So obviously nothing will happen then, it's just nice to have a good, firm date to look forward to.

I had to go out and buy all sorts of feminine hygiene things! :laugh2: I've been on continuous birth control for 6 months, so I didn't have a single thing. One tampon if I was lucky. So yeah, I have no idea what AF will be like either. I know that when I started taking the BC, I was having TWO full-blown periods a month. :wacko: I hope that isn't the case anymore!

It's so good to have someone to talk to that knows whats going on! :happydance:

:dust: to you!

Hi Lori I am also 28 and will have been married 5 years next April. I have been TCC for about 2 and a half years now but PCOS has been a problem for me. It took me about 2 years to have a natural period. Even though I have been TCC for a while I have days when I am nervous. If all this fertility stuff works I will be a parent eek! Nice to meet you and good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

October 17th is the last pill in my birth control pack.

I've read a few people on here mention that it is best to stop at the end of a pack too, but I didn't know if that were true since I'm on continuous birth control. I wouldn't think my body would have any idea what part of the pack I was on, right? I'm assuming all the colored pills are the same, right? And I just throw away the off week.

From what I can remember, my periods were crazy too. They seemed further apart, but I would spot FOR-EV-ER. So it seems like they never actually stopped. I guess that was the endometriosis. I'm really hoping the pill has regulated them some, but I don't know. Or maybe I'll just get pregnant next week and never actually have one :thumbup:

Lily - I'm very sorry to hear about you PCOS. I hope they get that all straightend out for you.

I totally get what you're saying about being nervous about parenting too. I have four nieces and nephews and some days after watching a couple of them all day, I'm all proud of myself thinking, "I can totally do this!" And then on evenings when I'm tired or the kids were kind of out of control at church, I think "OK, but do I actually want to do this?"

Deep down, I know we're ready though, so I just want to do it right.

It is actually recommended that you finish a pack or cycle of birth control. Each row of pills is a different level of hormones, so to make it easiest on your body, it's supposed to be better to just stop after a pack. With my body hating me the way it seems to, I'm not taking any chances! :laugh2: I promise I'm not talking out of my tush, either! I work in pharmaceuticals. :)

I have the date marked on my calendar at work, and I keep staring at it. I think I might be obsessed. :blush:

hmm, the last pill of my pack was last night. Sooooo.... I guess we're starting tonight ?

I've been off of my allergy medicine/caffenine/nitrates for 6 days. Is that enough?

I think you should be okay. By the time it really matters it will be at least two weeks out. Definitely ask your doctor if you're worried, though. I work in the industry, but I'm no MD. :)

And GOOD LUCK! :happydance:

OOOOoo good luck Lori :flower: Hope you don't get round to having your period for the next nine months. Wouldn't that be great:wacko: I think that 6 days off the meds should be fine.

Well, I started spotting some today. So I guess our first couple of tries didn't work... I can't really tell at this point what's going on.

How long after your period do you actually ovulate?

I'm going to try and take me temperature everyday to monitor it that way, but I'm not sure what else to think or do.

You usually ovulate about 14 days after cycle day 1, but every woman is different. 14 days is the average.

You know what would help you sooo much? Look for the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." Every woman, even if not TTC, should read this. It's amazing.

And hey, don't get discouraged! It's still early. :hugs:

Thanks! I'll definitely look into getting the book.

So is today considered my cycle day 1?

Did you definitely get AF today? No question? Then yes. :)

Hi Lori
You can also try ovulation prediction kits. You get ones with a smiley face:winkwink: to show you have ovulated they work in a similar way to preg tests.
Apparently you ovulate 14days before you start your period but counting days depends on a regular cycle. I have not had much luck in that department because everytime I think I have the right day what do you know my cyle length changes.
At the moment I go to the FS for a scan on CD10, 12 and 14 they measure the folicles and the uterus lining to see how the cycle is progressing. I hope they will tell me the meds are working. Best thing for you is to be patient and see if you can get your cycle more regular. Doctor also told me that it can take up to 3months for the body to regulate after using BC pill.
:thumbup:I think I am going to read the book too. Sounds like it could be useful.:coffee:

It was pretty light the first two days, but much much heavier today, so it's definitely AF. I just hope it doesn't last as long as they used to before I started BC.

I'm planning to get a basal thermomater too. Do you use the ovulation kits every day or just the week or so leading up to when you are thinking you should ovulate?

Generally people use OPK the week leading up to when they think they going to ovulate. I would guess starting round CD 8 but it depends on your cycle. It can't hurt to sart a few days early just buy a whole bunch don't want to miss that little smiley face otherwise you may be doing this:coffee: when you should be doing this:sex: :rofl:

So is the first day I started spotting considered CD1? Which was Saturday, so today would be CD4?

What if I'm still spotting on CD8 or CD10?

I did buy a basal thermomater over the weekend. Today it was 97.72. Does that seem pretty normal? My temperature always runs a bit low, but I was always assuming that had something to do with the BC though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->