28 week blood tests

lauzieloula

3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hey Girls,

My MW is a complete waste of space, i feel to report her infact...but anyways, how do i go about getting my 28 week bloods done, i have no letter from my MW or hospital and im unsure what to do??

thanks, laura

xxx

Oh hun.
I had the same problem!
Right, you need to go and see your GP. He will give you a bloodwork form that the hospital will need to use to identify your bloods and what the bloods are for.
Then, you need to ring community midwives and explain the problem OR ring the haemotology department at the hospital and explain that you haven't had them done and would like them done. They will give you an appointment.
You take the form along, hand it in and they will do your bloods. Then I would make a doctors appointment for one week later to discuss with your GP the results.
I know all this as my midwife is a waste of space and I had to do it myself too!

oh, thanks for this, i will get on the case, i am so annoyed at my midwife she is absolute CRAP!!

its rediculous that you have to do all this on your own isnt it...surely they should be checking up on you...

well thanks again... ;-)

xxxx

You'd be surprised, some are amazing, but the ones we get stuck with, or 'allocated to' through our GP's are rubbish. They only want the pay check I swear!
Meanwhile we're left wondering what to do and when! I have muddled through using Baby and Bump - I would have been lost without it!

i know tell me about it, thank god for the internet and this place...!!

xxx

You'd be surprised, some are amazing, but the ones we get stuck with, or 'allocated to' through our GP's are rubbish. They only want the pay check I swear!
Meanwhile we're left wondering what to do and when! I have muddled through using Baby and Bump - I would have been lost without it!

Me too, it's shocking really. Thankfully I've not had any major probs - but I wonder how many pregnant women are being given sub-standard care and aren't even aware of it? :growlmad:

eh? I didn't even know we were supposed to get 28 week blood works done.... rubbish MW's :growlmad: ah well have an appt with the new doc tomorrow so shall see what he/she says! :hugs:

wouldnt worry genna, I had my 28 week bloods done at 32 weeks haha. Like I said, I didnt have a clue!

ohhh alright good! as if they didnt take enough last time...could have fed a family of vampires for a week:dohh: lol

My m/w must be the best. Had mine done at 28+4 by the trainee, mine seem to be on the ball - I feel sorry for you who have to fight for everything:hug:

I got my blood tests done at my 28 week appointment. I think it was for diabetes and blood count to make sure I am not anaemic.

Only problem I have is I see a different midwife every time I go. One just basically had a chat and then said bye doing very little so hopefuly won't see her again!

I agree with the others contact your gp, they will either take your bloods at surgery or refer you to hospital.

Also might be worth contacting the community mws to complain or someone directly at the hospital.

so i had no idea that i was supposed to get blood work done at 28 wks! my mw has been amazingly wonderful thus far, and i cant imagine she purposely forgot to tell me that i needed to go to the lab to have it done... she told me i had to go for the glucose tolerance screening thing... hmmmm... well i meet with her again soon, so i will just talk to her about it then...

what exactly are they taking blood for??

Apparently they're supposed to give you your 28 week blood form at your booking in appointment. They give you one for your booking in bloods, and one for your 28 week bloods. I didn't get an extra one so my midwife posted me one when I asked her about it. At our hospital, you just go to the drop-in for blood tests, you don't make an appointment so it's just a case of going along, taking a ticket, and waiting.

My m/w must be the best. Had mine done at 28+4 by the trainee, mine seem to be on the ball - I feel sorry for you who have to fight for everything:hug:

mine too..she's fab!

on the subject of 28 week bloods if anyone wants to go in my place on thursday be my guest!! i'm i freak when it comes to sharp pointy objects piercing my veins!!!:blush:

sara

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->