28 week scan gave different due date to 12 week??

Reaction score
At my 12 week dating scan they said our baby is due on June 16th. We went for one of those 4D scans last week when i was 28 weeks exactly but they said he was measurig at 29 weeks 4 days, giving him a due date of June 5th. It was a private clinic not at the hospital where the other scans and they said to me to keep with the due date i was given by the midwife, but now im really confused. Could he just be a bit bigger than the average baby at this stage or could i be due sooner than i think? Has anyone else had this and if you have, which date was more accurate?

Thanks

12 week scans are accurate because at that age they grow so much per day/week, after 14 weeks I think they just grow how they feel!

If my 28 hospital growth scan changed my due date then I'll be 4 weeks overdue now haha!

Same here, if i went by hospital id be 40 weeks now! Dating scan is just that - and after that, everything can be a lil irregular. Its normal

The most accurate to your actual due date is scans from 6-14 weeks. After that, they aren't as accurate, usually ranging from 2-4 weeks off from your actual due date.

At my 12 week dating scan they said our baby is due on June 16th. We went for one of those 4D scans last week when i was 28 weeks exactly but they said he was measurig at 29 weeks 4 days, giving him a due date of June 5th. It was a private clinic not at the hospital where the other scans and they said to me to keep with the due date i was given by the midwife, but now im really confused. Could he just be a bit bigger than the average baby at this stage or could i be due sooner than i think? Has anyone else had this and if you have, which date was more accurate?

Thanks

Go with your original due date as dates can vary later on. I had a scan at 30 weeks (in hospital) and my baby is measuring nearly 34 weeks, yet the hospital won't change my due date. I have just been told he will be big xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->