28yrs old, TTC #1, I could use a buddy!

MumsTheWord28

Reaction score
I need a little support to calm the nerves!

I am currently 2dpo... now on to the 2WW!!![-o<

Hello!
I'm currently 1DPO and am now in the two week wait as well. How long have you been trying?

Hello, RaeBaby1! :hi:

This is month #2; this month (July) first month using OPK tests. Had my first positive OPK on 7/8 & BD'd that day with my handsome husband.

I am currently 3dpo... the 2WW is BRUTAL! Are you currently waiting for a BFP, too??

I am waiting for a bfp but I've been waiting so long that I'm not sure if it'll happen. Next cycle I will start clomid so if it doesn't happen this one then I still have more options. I'm hoping it'll happen naturally though.

I am sorry to know you have been waiting so long! I will be happy to be here for you to show support & love! :hugs:

We can both keep our fingers crossed for our BFPs this month...

We can keep our thoughts & actions positive & hopefully this will lead to natural BFPs for us.

xoxoxox

I'm new here too.

This is my first month trying and I am 7 DPO. I am sitting and hopping that AF doesn't come. Are you using a BBT for charting?

Yes! Positive thoughts, I completely agree!:happydance:

I have been BBT charting for about 6 months now.

hi ladies mind if i join you? iv been trying for #1 for a little over 2 years. I suffered a loss in March which majorly messed up my cycles so this has been my first month trying with opks. had a positive on the 6/7th of this month and am now 5/6 dpo. my niiples are sore, i am peeing more frequently, dull aches and cramps in my lower abdomen and awful lower back pain..does anyone else have symptoms like these or had symptom like these. before my loss i only had sore boobs xx

Welcome fletch_W

I have had symptoms since I got a +OPK so I have no idea which symptoms are legit.

Initially I was getting a lot of gas and aches in my lower stomach to my VJ. That would be due to hormones though. I did get a headache for 3 days but that is also gone. I was symptom free yesterday but today I have quite a bit of nausea and have trouble eating. I don't run into soar nipples like others talk about or a metal taste in the mouth.

The odd thing is that when I lay on my back and push down on my uterus area it feels larger and hard. I tried to google it but I didn't know how to explain it.

If I knew that these symptoms were pregnancy related I would be ok with it. I just don't want to feel this crappy and get a BFN.

Thank you :)

I'm quite new to all the ttc lingo and opks and stuff so forgive me if I don't understand a lot of the abbreviations etc.

I don't know many ppl that have had the metallic thing. Could the stomach thing be bloating? Iv heard if it being a symptom? If not I don't know but if iv never had it before then its a positive sign? Fxd!!

It takes a little getting used to, I am not even familiar with all the lingo here. I find that the more I use it the easier it gets. Lets hope that we don't need to use it too long. lol

I am thinking that bloating would be higher in the stomach, this is quite a bit lower. actually I just laid down and it is firm from the left side of my bellybutton all the way down. Maybe it is gas then.

I am getting more and more nausea today. I am just about to go to the grocery store to get some ginger hoping to settle my stomach because its getting really bad. I'm sure it's just my hormones overreacting.

When do you plan on testing?

Well I'm not due til the 21st so I'm not too sure. Maybe Wednesday? If I don't cave before then lol what about you x

I am very irregular so it's hard to say when AF will come. My average is 32 days which would be July 21 or 16 DPO. They say that you can test at 12 DPO. I would like to say that I will wait till I miss AF but I don't know if I can wait that long.

Did you know that you can do and OPK and it will go + if you are pregnant? If you test with an OPK you still need it to be very dark in order to be positive. Since I have so many OPKs I will definitely check with one of those. I actually checked it today and it was just a very light line so it means nothing.

HELP!

Just 5dpo, almost 6dpo & I just went to the loo... & had brown discharge OUT OF NO WHERE when I wiped.

Not red, not pink, but brown. So gross, I know... but has anyone experienced this? I am in shock! I thought for sure I was on my way to a BFP! I am so terrified I am welling with tears.

Could this possibly be implantation bleeding? Has anyone had this happen to them so early after ovulation & still had the fortune of a BFP?

I didn't know opks did that. I have like 10 left so might try one on Monday :)

Mumstheword, I would say plantation bleeding but iv never had it. If its brown I don't think its anything to worry about. Did you have rough sex in the last few days sorry for the personal q but you could have caused a tear? Don't panic though sweetie. Xx

I wish I could help MumsTheWord28, but I am new at this. I thought about implantation also. If it is implantation...I didn't get that so I hope that some people do and some people don't. I didn't see in your posts, are you temping? If it was AF, your temp would have dropped. If your temp stays up then you are still in the game. This is as far as I know. Lets keep hoping it was implantation.

Bad, bad news...

My husband got off work at midnight last night, so we stayed up to watch a movie & ended up BDing for the fun of it... TMI alert! Blood everywhere. Very dark blood, but in large quantities.

This morning... more blood, much more like AF...

I am devastated. I do not know HOW this could happen! I was only 5dpo... bleeding started on CD23 as opposed to my VERY NORMAL CD32. I do not know how or why this would happen...

My heart is just broken right now. :sad2:

I have not been charting, but I plan on buying a thermometer this weekend so I can start. I was only using OPKs.

I am still going to test next week after my 2WW; but from the looks of it, AF came out of nowhere. I cannot even put into words how shocked I am. I read that a lot of women have what they think is a normal AF but are still pregnant. I am NOT getting my hopes up, but the strangest thing about all of this is that I did not have any of my usual AF signs before this sudden bleeding...

I am also going to buy some new OPKs & start fresh even though I still plan on testing next week... it looks to me like I might be an August tester, now.

I think I have a lot of bloating since I Oed. It seems to have gone down a bit. I'm on 11 DPO but I don't want to take a HPT for a bit because I want to see a real line if it's a positive. I will do an OPK today. For some reason I am ok doing an OPK and not getting the line but not with a HPT.

Bought more OPKs last night & a basal thermometer...

Not getting my hopes up; it is so difficult to even be in the same space at the same time with my husband.

It was just too perfect this month... I got a great positive OPK, we did everything we should, & 5dpo there was AF. Very unexpected. I just feel so sad. I do not know why my body did this!

Is it possible to have a positive OPK but not to ovulate?

I also have been taking regular women's multi-vitamins... that changes TODAY. I will start taking pre-natals instead. I have read that regular women's multi's can cause harm while TTC & I have also read that they will not cause harm. I am not going to take any chances & just spring for a bottle of good pre-natals.

I am still going to test, just so I know...

I am French, & was so devastated this weekend (Bastille Day!) that I went-ahead & had quite a bit of wine. :wine: I have not had a bad substance in months, so I got a little tipsy.

I still plan on testing later this week only because I would rather see a negative than not know & keep on OPK testing... but I am sure I will see a negative.

I just cannot believe I had such a great positive OPK test this month, we did everything right, & then BAM. AF 5 days later. I just feel like there is something wrong with my body. :sad1:

MumsTheWord28, I am so very sorry because it looks like I must your earlier post.

My heart goes out to you, I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I guess this is why these sites are so great, we understand what each other is going through.

Going to the washroom and seeing AF has come is such a great fear for me also. I try to focus on the positive but like you I try to be realistic and not get too excited. Although this doesn't make things any easier.

This is my first cycle and I have done everything right. We did the BD more than enough, I avoided drinking at a BBQ and when my DH had beer at home. I have been avoiding stress as much as possible. But I guess we can do everything right and if it is not our time, it's just not our time.

I guess this is a fresh start for you so you can start your OPKs. I didn't notice, are you temping?

I am on CD 27 so AF is expected son. I was feeling it coming on a couple hours ago, I hope it is not on it's way.

We may be starting our cycle close together.

Think positive thoughts and all the best for this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->