29 wk twins delivered

twins33

Reaction score
I had my twin girls on the 21st of september, the first stage is the warmer the second stage is what they are now in which is the incubator, they let me hold them today they are up to 7.9 cc of food and 6 cc of food through the tube, anyone else move up this quick, I just wonder how much longer before my girls are home.

Congratulations on the birth of you're twins. My daughter was born at 29 weeks I can't remember how much milk she was on but she spent 8 weeks in hospital. It varies a lot depending on how quickly they progress and put weight on and if they have any set backs such as infections. It's usually a good idea to look to your due date. Hope they're both doing well and you have them home soon x

Congrats on your lo's the rule of thumb is they go home around their due date

I know usually around their due date, they just seem to be progressing really well and quick, i was just wondering if anyone else had their twins home earllier than their due date

A lot of the time babies born so early will go up and down with how well they're doing. One day they'll be doing amazing, the next they'll Getty lazy and say forget it, I'm not taking a bottle today. Lol
They'll probably be there until about 37 Weeks.

Crossing my fingers they keep progressing nicely for you!!

thank you, i was told by the niccu that they wont bottle feed them till the 34th week, which for my girls are at the end of the month

First off, congratulations! My girls were born at 32 weeks and 6 days. They started bottle feeding around 34 weeks, so just as you were told. This was a slow process. It took about 3 weeks for them to take their full feeds by bottle. We tried breast but they did better on the bottle. In the beginning, they only got 1 bottle a day, then 2 bottles a day, then every 3 feeds, then every other feed. Then one day they were taking all their feeds by bottle and they kicked us out. We expected them to be in there til their due date. We went in on a Wednesday and told to bring our car seats and be prepared to take them home Friday morning. Our hospital had a "going home" room for premature babies and parents. It's basically a room for you to spend the night with them, doing all their care, etc. So our girlies went home at 36 weeks and 3 days. Came as a nice surprise to us. Avery was just around 5 lbs and Brooke was just under. Best of luck!

thank you, i was told by the niccu that they wont bottle feed them till the 34th week, which for my girls are at the end of the month

That is what my hospital said too. For me, that is tomorrow so I am hoping it starts soon.

I hope your girls are doing good. :)

i just want them home with me so bad, where they are, the hospital has the transition room as well, we are thinking they will be home by thanksgiving, the premie doctor there wants to talk to us saturday when we go so them, im hoping they are going up in weight and that they come home soon, I miss them so much and just want them healthy and home with us.

I called the Niccu last night and they are off the cpap but still on the forced air just smaller prongs, they up on feeds to 17 cc's as of last night, no apnea on one, my other angel had one spout of apnea but recovered on her own. They seem to be moving up quickly which is good, im so proud of my little angel fighters.

My 28 weeker came home before his due date, on the 14th of January, and his due date was February 4th.

My 27 weeker had lots of issues but came home 6 days before his due date. They always say aim for their due date though and expect there to be bumps in the road

I know, and my girls are doing so well, progressing really well with no complications so far, and when I went last week to see them they opened their little eyes and looked at me for a split second and went back to sleep. I just cant wait till they are home safe in my arms and loved all the way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->