2cm dilated, 50% effaced and fully engaged! Doc swept! Baby soon??

wlovew

Reaction score
Had my prenatal appointment today and doc said I'm 2cm dilated and 50% effaced!! :happydance: She went ahead and did a sweep and said to get my butt to the hospital ASAP when labor starts so I can get on the antibiotics. Has anyone been dilated and effaced and gotten a sweep and still not had the baby for a long time?? I really hope for contractions to start but it's been a couple hours since the sweep and nothing yet! Anxious and excited and really really really really hoping for labor to start soon!!!!!!! She said there may be some blood after the sweep and there hasn't been. :shrug: I feel sort of like she's going to come possibly tonight.... probably just wishful thinking... :dohh:

I was pretty similar to u and went into labor that evening had my baby at 0044 :)

It's been 5 hours and absolutely NOTHING lol I was soooo hopeful for some action but now I think nothing's gonna happen :(

Mine took 12 hours to go into labor don't give up hope yet! 😊

Really? Thank god, that gives me some hope!! Omg I don't want her coming on 9/11 tho!! LOL I'd love to go into labor tomorrow evening and then have her on her due date, Saturday!!!!! lol WISHFUL THINKING!!!!!!!

Lol Awww I definitely know how u feel I felt the same way. Do u have an exercise ball to bounce on ?

Yep!! Been bouncing away!!! Gonna play a dance game on the Wii when my dinner settles lol. Baby girl is moving sooo strongly it hurts like a bitch. Wishing she would break the water!!!!!!! Seriously she's getting jiggy in there and it HURTS!! Stabbing pains in the rectum, anyone? Lol

With my last pregnancy I had a sweep at 40 weeks and 3 days and I started having contractions about 10-12 hours later. Good luck hun. Hope things start for you!

I hope yours works for you, I've had 3 sweeps over the course of a week and a half so far, been 4cm 80% effaced and bulging waters and and I'm still pregnant. Think its just my body being stubborn as I think they work for most people!!

If you're able to do the deed with ur OH. Let him finish inside you sorry tmi :blush: and just lay there for a bit and let it do its job. Put me into labour with all 3 of my kiddies.

I was about the same when I had my sweep and I went into labor the following night. I didnt spot afterwards and it didn't hurt like I thought it would, but I think if your pretty well thinned and dilated on your own it doesn't hurt as bad to have it stretched. He said if it had worked I would probably go within 24hrs and it was a little longer than that, so I'm not sure if it was the sweep, but either way your showing signs, so it should be soon!

Yep!! Been bouncing away!!! Gonna play a dance game on the Wii when my dinner settles lol. Baby girl is moving sooo strongly it hurts like a bitch. Wishing she would break the water!!!!!!! Seriously she's getting jiggy in there and it HURTS!! Stabbing pains in the rectum, anyone? Lol

Lol totally normal during labor i said I feel like my butt is Gona come out lol she knew what I meant and told me trust her it won't lol it didn't lol

If I were you I would try to rest up, I had quite a few false starts last time and each time felt the same way and by the time the real labour began a few days later I was exhausted.

If you're able to do the deed with ur OH. Let him finish inside you sorry tmi :blush: and just lay there for a bit and let it do its job. Put me into labour with all 3 of my kiddies.

I agree! Semen has natural prostaglandins which help soften the cervix, could help it get to 100% effaced. :) Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->