2dpo and worrying about bd timings...again

cl59

Reaction score
Hi all!

I got my pos opk on 2 nov at 6pm (I test once per day at 6). Had pretty solid ov symptoms on 3 nov - increased ewcm, sore bbs, cramping and bloating (and a neg opk at 6pm). Symptoms had all gone on 4 nov.

My hubby was ill with a terrible cold (man flu bless) the last couple of weeks so this cycle we hardly bd at all. Only cd8 and then (after a non-bd 'emission' on cd15 - so his sperm shouldn't be 'old') bd the morning of cd16 (I got my pos opk that evening), again the night of cd16, and the night of cd17 (suspected ov day). Cd 18 he was away so we couldn't bd again, and he won't be back tonight either. By tmrw it will be 4 days after pos opk so I think too late...

Do you think we timed it ok? We used BalanceActive conceive (like preseed) and evening primrose for the first time so I'm hoping that helped with my scant cm. I'm trying so hard not to stress but it's hard. As you know!

Great to hear from anyone on here! Thanks!

The worst time of the month right?!?! It's so frustrating to constantly be thinking about BD timings but it sounds like you guys did a great job! Everything I've read says it best if the sperm is there waiting for the eggy when she arrives. So BDing twice on the day before O and once on the day of is probably perfect.

Try not to stress too much since that can negatively affect implantation, just relax and let your body work it's magic. I bet you caught it!!! GL, can't wait to see that :BFP:

bding too much can lower the amount of sperm and its quality. bding sparsely increases chances of pregnancy because the sperm increases by tens of millions and that helps alot with the chance. the cycle i didnt bd but one time(15 hours after i got my positive opk at 5 am) and i conceived right away. got my bfp at 8 dpo.

if you did anything 5 days before your ovulation, i think you're good

This cycle I only bd on cd11 and Cd12. Those two days I had lots of EWCM and I got my very positive OPK on cd12. OV on cd13. So we only bd the two days before O. And our cd12 bd hubby finished while I was on top. I can't stop thinking about how that may affect our chances, lol. It's hard, I know. I just keep thinking, what will be will be. Good luck :)

I know, it is so hard! My dh tells me not to stress and I know he's right, but then he can't drive himself mad with symptom spotting etc!!
If you bd the two days before O then I think you've got a great chance as the sperm will have been in there ready and waiting! It takes them a while to make it to the egg anyway, so bd after O isn't the best. And I wouldn't worry about being on top. Almost everything I've read says it doesn't matter about position, they're pretty close to your cervix whichever way you bd and you said you had tons of EWCM which will have been perfect for them to swim up and through :)
I'm 8dpo now. 11 day lp so af due on Friday. If af doesn't come I should probably wait until Monday to test but I know I would cave sooner!!! I really think I'm out this month though. I know I should be more positive and it's only been a few months but it just doesn't feel like this is my month... Fingers crossed for you!!

Can I add I definitely think what got me my bfp with my DD was having 3 days of sperm 'deposited' the day before ov. We only bd'd twice that month and I thought I was out as we started on day 13, bd'd in morning-ov pains that night then bd'd day 14 in morning. But it worked! Before that I was bd'ing on day 11&12 too. I think there wasn't enough sperm for ov day, despite sperm being able to live for 3-5 days apparently. So this time round im trying the same method! BUT it's still hard to time!! What if I ov day 13 in the morning instead of evening...then we've missed it (as we bd in morning as that's when I think I have most ewcm) and if I ov day 14 evening then the 3 day supply on day 13 morning may not still be alive...ha ha it's crazy! And it's SUCH a long month to wait til next time...to just worry about timings again! I don't use opk's - I go by my ov pain always being on either day 13 or 14 and I believe my ov pain means the egg isbeing released. This has probably turned into a complicated post but I just wanted to say I understand despite me thinking I know what works!

Also-pillow under bum afterwards or not?! Im sure I did with DD...

It's great to hear you got a bfp after only bding a couple of times right before O - because that's what I did this month! Hopefully it will work for me and the others on here too!

I don't really go for the pillow under the bum. I'm sure it can't hurt but it kind of freaks my hubby out as he likes to relax and not think about trying to get pregnant as I think it spoils the mood a bit for him. But I do try to stay lying down for as long as possible after. And if he finishes on top I do a quick flip straight onto my back after! :)

Good luck for this month then! :) I always think im chilled in my tww...until about 9dpo then I can't stop thinking I could be! Yeah my OH knows the mood is definitely baby focused despite it still being fun so pillows are just part and parcel-the main reason I do is incase it all trickles out?!

I disagree with the "using sperm sparingly" thing. I got pregnant first cycle of TTC and we BD every day from the end of AF to the day after O.

But there are definitely people who get pregnant off one day of BD'ing. You're still in with a chance :)

I suppose everyone is different, even man's sperm count and morphology is different and plus it's just probability each month! I tried for 5 months by bd'ing every day...then the month I didn't I got pregnant. Chance or the sparingly use of sperm-who knows!! I'll let you know in the next coming months if my method works again!

That is a lot of bding Buffy!! You deserved that bfp ha ha!

Haha I know right! Unfortunately ended in MC at 5w2d and I'm now on 10dpo of the first cycle since. We have done similar by BD'ing every day - BUT we were on our honeymoon :haha:

Maybe next month it'll be less because we are also back to our normal work schedules & sometimes my husband works some nights & I don't see him for 2-3 days in a row.

Ahh sorry to hear that. I too had a mc before my DD. Such a sad time. But hooray to trying again! And you're both clearly excelled at conceiving! Yes work does get in the way, OH is literally 'booked in' next week due to our fleeting hours. It's actually very annoying-3 out of 7 days it's difficult to bd...what is the time frame for ov?? 2 of those flippin 3 days!! Hopefully if AF arrives a little early it'll shift the days for the next month!!

Also can I ask-did you use a pillow under bum?! Any other tricks?!

I think thats great timing! With my Chemical, we BD'd only 2 days before, 6 days before and 2 days after O. This cycle, it was actually the same thing and I have a faint BFP right now (but not sure if it's another chemical or not). So, if you BD'd as much as you did then I think your chances are pretty great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->