2nd baby and feeling really low

stevie123

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm nearly 7 weeks with my second and I just feel so low I don't know what to do. My son is 5 and I was so sick when I was pregnant with him, it's taken me this long to decide to have another. I prayed I wouldn't be ill thus time and that I would enjoy it more but since 5 weeks I am feeling so I'll. I feel so so sick all the time, it never let's up. I'm literally forcing myself to not be sick. I can't sleep or go to work or look after my son. I'm dizzy and lightheaded and all I seam to do is cry. I know it sounds awful but I'm wishinig we never tried for no2 now. It's Christmas and I was looking forward to spending some quality time with my son once he's off school taking him out and doing fun things. Now we well be stuck in as I can barely get of the sofa for the sickness. I feel like I'm letting him down. I'm eating little and often and so for am keeping everything down, but the nausea is crippling me. Tablets from the docs haven't helped either. Please tell me I'm not the online feeling like this with no2? I'm really worried that I'm going to end up resenting this baby. For so long it's just been all about my son and I've loved every minute with him. Feel like I've made a huge mistake. Please tell me it's normal to feel like this? And that it will all work out ok? I feel like a horrible person right now. :cry:

Awe sweet that sounds terrible. My first pregnancy was like that just constant all day nausea I lost weight in the first tri. Felt like I had narcolepsy too but I also had the luxury of being able to go to bed and feel sorry for myself. Don't ever feel like you're letting him down, I'm sure he understand his mummy is poorly. I've had more vomiting this time and every fluid I drink tastes like artificial sweetener which is horrid. I'm just counting down the days to when I finish work for Christmas so I can rest, ive created christmasy things for my son to do (christmas movies/ colour pages/ painting/ crafting) Pinterest has been great for ideas. Just go easy on yourself, pregnancy is bloody hard work!

You have just described my feelings exactly there. Baby number 2, feeling absolutely rotten and honestly it kinda feels more like a nightmare sometimes than something we actually wanted. It's so hard. I cry a lot, for my son, for myself and for this new little life growing inside me. I feel like such a terrible person at times and like I should be coping so much better. But I'm not. I've had a better couple of days recently but still felt rather sick at times. I just want to feel human again and be able to do things. I even miss doing housework lol. Chin up. I'm sure this will get better for both of us. Xxxx

Oh im sorry you are going thru all of this..its just your hormones and feeling ill...this is hopefully baby #4 and im feeling all those familiar feelings...i know its horrible!!!! Just hang in there hun...hopefully by week 13 on youll feel a lot better xoxo

Feeling the exact same same way! My son is only 2 1/2 and requires a lot of attention that I just cannot give him. luckily my husband has been amazing and is really picking up my slack. I am really hoping this ends soon as I'm not sure how much longer I can go. (The sickness, not the pregnancy) I just keep telling myself I soon will be back to normal and everything will be worth it. It is definitely depressing though and hard to not feel totally defeated

Im glad you wrote this because Ive been feeling like this too. With my first I was nauseous but wanted a baby so bad it was worth it. She ended being an awful baby and awful sleeper and so now Im not even looking forward to the baby coming at the end because Im scared it will be like she was. I feel doubly awful because it's my third try to have #2 (I had two miscarriages this year) so I feel like I should be grateful to feel like crap. Anyway, I keep reminding myself that she was worth the ilness and years of no sleep, she is the light of my life and the next will be too, but sometimes I just wish pregnancy and babies didnt have to be so hard! I also have a large gap between kids and I think this makes a bit of a difference. Like we've finally gotten out of the hard stage and are about to get back into it again! Anyway, all that to say that you arent alone. I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Hi ladies. Thankyou so much for all your replies. I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling like this. I think feeling so ill plays a major part. I really envy those who breeze through it without any trouble.
My son was also a bad sleeper (still is lol) and was a very hard baby too. Very grumpy and hard to please. He's ace now though, couldn't ask for a better child.
I really hope he's excited when we tell him he's going to be a big brother.
I'm glad my feelings are normal as was starting to feel like a horrible person for some of the things I've been thinking. Hope all of you that are suffering feel better soon. I know it doesn't last forever but it just feels like it doesn't it.

I feel exactly the same except this is baby #4 for us..I don't think I've ever felt this ill with the other 3, I had really bad morning sickness with the others but nothing compared to this.
I'm dreading Christmas..I haven't cooked a proper meal since I was 7 weeks and began to feel rubbish so cooking s Christmas dinner will be a huge challenge..and I will obviously have to stay awake to partake in the festivities..I'm hoping there is light st the end of the tunnel soon for us all

I hope so too mumandco. Christmas is upsetting me too, as it's my fave time of year. I don't think I'm going to be able to eat a Christmas dinner. I just hope Xmas day is one of my better days where I can actually function a bit and try enjoy it! Feel better soon x.

I could have written this post! I felt exactly the same. I had hyperemesis with my daughter and thankfully this time isn't as bad but from week 5 I had horrendous nausea and sickness, all I wanted to do was sleep, looking after a 3 yr old was so hard. I felt so guilty, like she was suffering, I couldn't do anything with her. Its horrible to say but I was regretting getting pregnant again too because I forgot how bad it was! I normally love christmas but Im dreading it this year because I feel so rough. I do not want to ruin xmas day for LO by feeling like this. Thankfully over the last week the nausea has lessened, still being sick in mornings, but its getting better, I'd love to feel normal again, its such a struggle, especially at this time of year when there is so much to do. I know it'll all be worth it in the end, but its so hard when you are going through it.

I understand the feeling. This will hopefully be my first baby but second pregnancy and there have been many occassion where I have questioned my decision to have this child. I am literally sleeping the entire day if I have off from work. At work all I want to do is sleep. If I'm not sleeping I'm hovering over my toilet thinking I'm going to vomit any second now.
All I want to do is quit my job but that's just impossible.
Hang in there, I'm sure after this trimester everything will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->