2nd baby bump

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
With DD I was 11st 10lbs before I got pregnant and although I was a size 14 I had an incredibly small flat stomach as I tend to carry all my weight in bum and thighs!

I started getting a bump at just 9 weeks (what I would call a fat bump where people probably looked and said is she? Isn't she? Lol). By 14 weeks I had a proper baby bump.

This time round I'm 10st 5lbs, size 12 but got a 'stretched tummy' lol

Should I expect a bump even earlier this time???
I'm only 5 weeks but already finding myself taking jeans off and putting PJs on the min I get home to be comfortable but not sure if this is more because my bladder is always full?

With #2, you will usually show faster because the body KNOWS what is going on. Muscle recognition, it's quite common. I am heavier this time around and between the bloat and constipation (TMI) I find wearing buttoned up jeans to be very uncomfortable. I already switched to maternity jeans, because I can't deal with feeling SO sick and then having to deal with buttons digging in. I feel like I am showing more because I never quite lost that droopy preggo belly :blush:

I still have my preggy belly eventhough I lost quite an amount of weight. I do realise I show bigger with being bloated and gained quicker this time around. I already need to invest in some maternity jeans since my own feels so uncomfortable.

My stomach has gone back to being quite flat but the skin is looser than it was before, although I've already got a bit of a bloat bump lol

I was around 16 weeks when I started to show last time, so hoping I can get away with waiting to tell work until after Christmas.

I was hoping to lose a little bit more weight to get into my party dress for the Christmas party, but I think I'll have to get something else now!

From what I've read, the 2nd pregnancy shows faster. Think of a balloon. When you're blowing it up, it's kind of hard to get it started. But if you blow it up all the way, let the air out, and blow it up again, it's pretty easy to do. The uterus is similar. It's already been stretched out before, so it is more ready to stretch again with each successive pregnancy.

I looked sooo pregnant at work today and I'm only 6 weeks along with #2! Time to ditch the slim fitting clothes I think...!!

my clothes are getting tighter already but i remember desperately buying my first pair of maternity jeans pretty early the first time around. I need to go dig them out! Thankfully I work from home so it's ok if I'm in yoga pants all day long.

Iv shown sooner with each pregnancy! Its shocking how quick ur belly grows, im already having to cover up my belly because i look 'fat' it's that horrible stage where you cant tell im pregnant i just look like iv eaten way too much lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->