2nd baby different gender; no clothes.

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi everybody:flower:

This will be our second baby. With our first we did not buy any neutrals and did everything boy.

We will be having a girl, so have nothing :baby: have any of you been in this situation?

We wanted to remain team yellow, but hubby found out during the scan. :dohh:

Did you buy everything new? We are scared to tell people it is a girl. As where we are they do tend to make mistakes, and what will we do with all pink clothes? :dohh:

I'm having a boy this time (girl last time) and am buying new clothes. I got rid of a lot of my dd clothes anyway due to lack of storage and moving house. I have learnt from my mistakes with dd though and I'm being really strict about how much I buy. Dd had way too much in the first couple of sizes.

I'm having a girl after 3 boys and am buying new aswell as being given lots of a family member. I'm a little nervous about having lots of pink and a boy popping out though!! Have had it confirmed a couple of times and will confirm it again at a 4d scan xx

Slightly different for us but we're staying team yellow after 2 girls which we found out the genders of so, although I have kept a lot of their clothes, most of the new baby sizes we have are girly! I've bought some neutral clothes already but not too many (gonna get just enough to last a week or so) as if it's a girl she's pretty much sorted lol and if it's a boy we would likely want to go shopping for boys clothes asap ;) If you're worried about the scan being wrong I'd just buy some neutral items and maybe just a few girly items that could be returned easily (most places will exchange items for you even with no receipt just you may get less back if they've been reduced)

I have 3 boys and still bought new stuff for each boy ( as well as utilizing the clothes i already had ) if this bub is a girl ill be going to town on all things pretty lol but i guess if im doubtful ill only buy a few things just in case.

Im actually having another boy but aside from a few key pieces which I fell in love with if my sons and a few newborn white bits i have bought new things for this baby. I gave most of DS clothes to my friends son who was born less than a year after mine x

I'm in exactly the same situation - I'm lucky in that quite a lot of the 0-3 month stuiff is white so I'm going to be dyeing that pink/purple/yellow - I'm using all of Nathan's old stuff with a small filter applied.

ANything that is too 'boy style' - so tank tops/shirts or anything with 'male' slogans (cool dude etc) will be passed along, but I'm re-using everything.

This is the first granddaughter on either side so I KNOW she'll get spoiled by grandparents wanted to buy pink stuff so it'll work out - baby clothes are expensive so I'll save money now and buy the bigger sized of stuff when I have less of Nathan's stuff that's 'suitable'.

Honestly a baby is a baby - and you can always buy bright pink hairbows/headbands or something elese that makes it clear she is a she - that's my plan anyway :)

Same situation! Luckily I gave away all dd's clothes when she reached a year or so old so apart from sleep bags and cot sheets I will be buying everything again! I went completely over the top buying for my daughter and to be honest for the first few months she was only in vests/gros (gave away tonnes of lovely dresses etc still with tags on) so this time I will be buying essentials and stocking up if and when I need to!

I'm also going to be trying to turn some of the baby blue stuff dark purple :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->