2nd Baby - what will you be buying new?

BabyForMe83

Mummy to 1
Reaction score
My DD will be four soon but we did a good job of storing away her baby stuff as and when she grew out of them.

As such, we have most things in pristine condition including travel system, high chair, cot.
Also, as we stayed team yellow (and will be again this time) we have a lot of gender neutral clothes too.

To be honest, we have so much stuff I'm not sure if we need to buy anything at all... But, I feel like I need to make some kind of purchases so baby has some new stuff of their own...

Apart from a new cot mattress, what would you/will you be buying brand new for your second baby??

We're getting a new cot as DS still uses his cot bed. I'm also going to get a new breast pump as I really didn't like my last one, an extra camera for the video monitor, a sleepy head, a new sling and probably a few outfits.

Our son has ewan the dream sheep so we'll be looking for another thing along those lines (although not another ewan as don't want our son getting confused!).
We gave our moses basket back to who we borrowed it from so we'll need something to put baby in during the day.
Probably some new clothes. Possibly a new blanket (but might knit one!).
New muslins as our son uses his as comforters. Going to have to make sure they're a different colour!

Since its been 10 years we have had to start again, got a second hand travel system in a really good condition and we have been given a cot other than that everything will be new :wacko:

I bought a side sleeper cot hopefully to help with lol sleeping and so I don't have to carry the Moses basket up and down the stairs with a toddler. Also some new dummies and bottle teats.

That's pretty much it. In 6m we'll have to buy a cot since we turned LO's into a cot bed but we don't need much now

This is baby #3 for us and we have kept pretty much everything from our first two children. We have a boy and a girl already so have all clothes covered for this baby. I'm just hoping the pram and moses basket are still in good condition and haven't got damaged in the loft.

I'll buy a few gender neutral outfits as we are staying team yellow, some new cloth nappies as I sold those after my daughter potty trained and a new sling. Other than that I think we have everything we need

from #1 (DS) to #2 (DD1), I bought a new carseat, bassinet, and clothes. DD1 to DD2, i didnt buy much since they were both girls.

and when we get preg again, ill only need more cloth diapers at this point!

We'll be needing more clothes, kept some but most of our stuff was primark and it doesn't keep well. New bottles, steriliser etc, new travel system 'cause ours broke and new mattresses for Moses basket and cot. Not a terrible amount but more than I would've liked lol

Thanks! I completely forgot about bottles! Although I plan to breastfeed, I was hoping to express too.. I might actually treat myself to a new breast pump!

Our son has ewan the dream sheep so we'll be looking for another thing along those lines (although not another ewan as don't want our son getting confused!).
We gave our moses basket back to who we borrowed it from so we'll need something to put baby in during the day.
Probably some new clothes. Possibly a new blanket (but might knit one!).
New muslins as our son uses his as comforters. Going to have to make sure they're a different colour!

Just looked up Ewan the dream sheep as I didn't know what it was! It sounds great and I'm tempted to get one too. My daughter has the Cloud B Tranquil Turtle and loves it so I don't think she'll share with the new baby!

My first was a boy and my second will be a girl so I've bought some clothes.

I also bought Ewan the dream sheep and a video monitor as these were two things I never had with my first but wish that I had.

I also treated myself to a nice changing bag and I've bought a new colour pack for my pushchair. Oh and I bought a Milton steriliser when I only used a tuppaware box last time lol.

I need a baby bath and some bottle teats but that's about it really. I didn't really need to buy most of the stuff I've bought for no2 but I wanted something new!

Thanks! I completely forgot about bottles! Although I plan to breastfeed, I was hoping to express too.. I might actually treat myself to a new breast pump!

I don't know where you live but atm babies r us in the uk has the tommee tippee essentials kit (red) on offer for just over £50! That's the only reason I bought it but it has everything you need. 8 bottles (4 5 ounce, 4 9 ounce) bottle warmer, steriliser, 2 bottle bags, extra teats, tear tongs, bottle brush and milk despensers.
DD wouldn't latch for even a second so I'm not sure how much of that you need when breast feeding but I'm so happy with my bargain I wanted to share just in case!

I'm team yellow this time so buying unisex clothes to last first couple weeks and will only have to buy clothes after that if this baby is a girl. I just had my son in my bed with my from birth to 15 months but this time I might buy one of those co sleepers as OH isn't keen on baby being in bed and I really want a new travel system. Other than that I think I still have everything from my son as I was too lazy to do anything with them :haha:

I have to buy some more gear because of twins but I didn't keep many clothes from dd 0-12 mos sizes. She was tiny and grew slow so she wore the heck out of everything! I've been visiting the resale shops for sleepers and clothing basics. So not new, but new to me :)

My list is rather long mainly because we gave my brother and his girlfriend a lot of stuff because they couldn't afford a lot of items they didn't have. They had plenty of clothes and what not because it wasn't her first. They didn't have some of the bigger items.

So I need a swing, pack n play (mine got wet in storage and ruined it), bouncer, bathtub, dresser/changing table, new bottles, breast milk storage containers, baby monitor, also would like a co-sleeper that goes next to the bed. If it's a girl we'll need clothes and we'll get new crib bedding either way.

I'm looking into things like an organizer and such. Things we didn't buy for the first that I wanted, but never really got around to. We also might get a double stroller.

I'm a bit of a nut and will probably buy more than I need. Glad we have the travel system and crib at least. Feels like that's about all we have left! :dohh:

I have had to start again. I had to get rid of everything due to being homeless. I have one sleeping bag left from my daughter and thats it. I have however tried to buy as cheap as possible.

I'm a FTM with twins and at least half of what I have has come from my sister and cousin. I don't mind, there was so much to choose from that I kept what was the nicest and in best condition, it's all less than 2 years old and a lot of it I bought for them as gifts. We have been super lucky to have a very excited and generous family who have either bought us new as baby gifts or given us their 2nd items (car seats, bassinets etc), so we have everything but have hardly had to spend any money. 2nd hand is great I think, no one else will know unless you tell them...and it means you can buy some other special things new if you like

Thanks for posting this, it's the first time I've even thought about it all, lol.

This will be our 5th. I'm not sure what I'm going to need. We've still got a pram (no idea if it will be in any good condition as its been in storage) a pink Moses basket and some blankets. We do plan to find out what we are having, but I doubt I'll be doing any baby shopping for a while, as we are moving house in a few weeks and I'm going to be kept busy decorating for months lol. I do like the idea of buying a new pram and changing bag and probably a few new baby clothes, so we shall have to see nearer the time :)

Not my second but 5th, and ds 4 is only going to be 13 months when baby gets here so basically everything is being used again as its all new.. have not even put the crib away :haha: Only things i will get new is the double buggy, baby wearing thingamajig and some clothes and sheets... xxx

I am actually really lucky, the day before i found out i was pregnant, i had taken pics of the crib and other baby items to sell on a facebook page, i would have been really annoyed if i sold/gave all out things away and then found out....

DS will be nearly 6 but we had planned a 2 year gap that just didn't work out. I've kept most things. New will be change bag, burst my last one, new breastpump, but want to make sure we are BFing first, never had a changing station but want one, never had a sling but will be trying out my friends before I buy probably from her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->