2nd c section easier?

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone found their second c sections had an easier recovery? I've heard this, and trying to give myself hope! :)

I had a rough first one, as I'm sure everyone does. But I keep hearing the ones after go better...

My first was extremely easy and I said to my ob since I had such a great recovery with DD1 I probably wouldn't need to stay so long this time.
His response?
Don't count on it. Like vaginal births sections are all different too.
Bummed me out a bit but fingers crossed it's as easy as the first.

I'm going in for my second one in 11 days :) My best friend had a repeat c section about 10 months ago and she said her recovery was so much easier this time. I'm hoping it's easier this time for me too since last time I was in labor for 27 hours and hadn't had my meds for 2 days before the c section and I was totally exhausted and out of it.

Having a second c in 20 days...my ob said it's both easier and harder . You're busier because you have another child so you c ant slow down as much to rest and heal which makes some of the recovery tougher. But it also forces you to move and function quicker without really thinking about it, making it easier in that aspect!

Thanks ladies! My first c sec was elective, and this one is as well so I don't have the labour tiredness to compare it to. But I did find recovery was long, and painful. Just hopeful that the next one will be easier.

Good luck Emily and ARuppe!! Congrats and let us know how it goes for you!

Following up! I had my second c 5 days agos...it was way easier for me. The recovery was easy, I was up and walking easier this time and not hunched over. I also feel like my pain is less this time, maybe because they went through scar tissue? Hope all goes well for you!

Thanks so much for updating. I'm so glad to hear it went well for you. Gives me so much hope for the second. I also didn't use a belly band after (hospital didn't give me one) But DH's hospital gives them so I'll use one next time for sure.

Congratulations on your new bundle!!!

My first was an emergency after labour was going nowhere and the baby was in distress, my second and third were planned. Each one was easier than the last! My midwife said I recovered quicker from my c-sections than most her ladies did from vaginal birth. She said some of her mums were still lying around in bed a week later, whereas I felt great and was driving, lifting the kids etc. We were naughty and had sex 9 days PP with my second (using a condom) and about 7 days PP with Emma. I was driving Thomas to school 5 days PP and carrying Emma into school in her carseat, I felt great.

I've had 4! 1st being an emergency, each time they have become easier with recovery. Good luck x

I had a rough time with my 1st however with my second, i could walk around and shower after a day and was only on paracetamol for the pain! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->