2nd chest infection UPDATE

kookie

pregnant with no 4
Reaction score
i had to take Tyler to dr last week and he has he's 2nd chest infection he has been on antibiotics over a week now and yesterday and today he is constantly coughing and really chesty his cough is horrible it scares me:cry:

so sorry to hear this, kookie. but dont forget, he cant be sick forever. :) and when he gets better, he probably wont even remember being sick and feeling miserable.

when i was small, i always had these problems too. has your doctor checked him for asthma? that's what mine turned out to be.

thanks vejables na he hasnt checked for asthma im gonna get him back into the dr asap to get checked out coz he sounds horrible hopefully it clears up soon though.

hope hes better soon..xx

got an appt monday but we had a whole night no coughing yay so fingers crossed its clearing up thanks for checking on him.

thats good news! wishing you luck on monday :)

Hows lil man now Kookie?

Caitlins not had any infections colds sniffles etc - Maybe I'm lucky but I'm half hoping shes like me I'm the same unless its self inflicted haha

hey Kookie... just to reassure you, Tasha's bro is constantly snotty and him or his 2 yr old nephew (yeah they're both 2) always have a cough between them.... kids are amazingly resil.. rezil... good at handing illnesses...

Good luck at the docs...

Hows lil man now Kookie?

Caitlins not had any infections colds sniffles etc - Maybe I'm lucky but I'm half hoping shes like me I'm the same unless its self inflicted haha

thanks for checking he's still coughing and chesty he's got another lot of antibiotics see if that clears it up if not gotta go back again you are lucky wobbles im not looking forward to the winter with tyler.

Well its been over a month and tylers still sick his onto his 3rd round of antibiotics and still no better we did the first lot of antibiotics which didnt clear it so got the repeat and he was still the same so took him back to dr. He listened to his chest which was clear till he got excited then he started wheezing which indicates that his airways are narrowed possibly asthma has been triggered from him getting infections one after another so he's back on antibiotics as dr thinks he's getting a new cold which he wants to prevent from turning into another infection as with his airways already narrowed hes at risk of developing pneomonia or plurecy because its difficult for him to move all the mucas with his airways the way they are. The worst part is dr reckons this will probably happen alot over winter (whis is only just starting) and that he pretty much cant do anything until hes over 12 months old preferably 15 months if it is asthma been triggered by his colds so we got a vaporizer which seems to help a bit at night the poor boy wakes himself up with his cough and after feeds it must stick to the mucous in his chest so he coughs then vomits its horrible. Thanks for listening to my rant.

:hugs:

I really hope he picks up soon

x

:( oh no hun

I have 3 asthmatics in the house and my little 2 year old also has chronic lung disease but I would say his 1st winter was the worst then his 2nd was marginally better and his 3rd was fantastic :) coincidentally he got his 1st flu jab this year too which is something you may be able to think of down the line.

When you think Tyler is starting to get chesty, take into a steam filled bathroom and let him sit there or put him in the bath with the shower running or sink running with the door closed. It really does help. :hugs:

thanks girls and thanks for the advice mamafy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->