2nd day of induction blues....She is just not ready!

Kiin

Reaction score
So my doctor started the process of inducing me yesterday. I would have rather waiting for baby to come on her own but I have gestational diabetes and they said that it was for the safety of the baby.

So the first day, yesterday, I got the gel, had some contractions and was generally uncomfortable. I didn't sleep all that great and was back at the hospital in this morning. I was dilated to 2 cm and doctor wanted to break my waters and put me on a drip but I said no that I wanted another day of the gel to give myself more time.

But today I have had LESS of a reaction to the gel. I have had a few contractions, but nothing regular or more them I would call "mild". I know tomorrow she is going to want to break my waters again and I don't know what to do. The cramping in enough that I don't really sleep so I am just getting more and more tired. I don't understand why I have to have pictocin with the waters being broken. Isn't breaking the waters an intervention on it's own.

Guess I just needed to vent my disappointment and frustration. I figured that this would just go smoothly and labour would be natural, this just isn't what I wanted.

poor you didnt want to read and run but i hope things go ok xx

Sometimes breaking waters does not start the process :( It happened to me, so after trying the gels (contractions came and went and 3 times is a maximum that they do with gels) and breaking water, they put me on the drip. I understand your reluctance, it was the worst experience of my life; however, like you said it is done for the sake of the baby. I would discuss your worries and concerns with your doctor. You should not feel that you are being forced in to doing something..maybe they can give you a few more days to rest before starting again? Or maybe there is something else that could be done? Good luck!!

:hugs: best thing you can do is get onto a ball or get walking ( doing lunge squats ) to encourage that baby to get its move on

I suppose you could always ask for a couple of hours. Between having your waters broken and being put on the drip. I was induced after failed less arts etc! I have to say. End drip was also terrible, they turned mine up far to quickly and my body completely couldn't cope! They cannot physically force you into anything so just ask.

ive been there myself..i know its hard..best of luck. you will be holding ur baby soon one way or another

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->