2nd HSG after 5 years

vkj73

Reaction score
So, here I am, coming to the end of the road. I haven't been on bnb for over a month. My dh and I have tried several IUIs, took a two month break for getting some bloodwork done for insurance reasons, and now, it's the eve of my 2nd HSG after 5 years.
We've decided to not go the IVF route. We'll see how the tubes look tomorrow, then I'm up for an IUI scan on Saturday.
We're going to give it two more tries, then I think we'll throw in the towel.

I'll be 41 in three weeks, so that's a big part of my decision. Also, after trying for two years, it seems as though maybe it wasn't meant to be.

A part of me is a little scared, wondering, should we just stop now; I do wonder if we're forcing it. On the other hand, I know there are women who tried for years and years and then it happened.

The main thing is that some time off has given me a sense of peace, whichever way this goes.

Thanks for reading. I'd love to hear any similar stories.

:hugs:

We've been trying for 10 years so it's pretty much the same with us...i hate to quit because what if i just needed 'one more time'. I'm almost 39 so i think we've come to the end of things. No more treatments...just trying to time BD at the correct time.

thank you for your reply.
good luck on your journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"