2nd labor after 1st with pitocin?

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
So, I keep having people tell me lately to be careful if I go into labor with this baby because the 2nd labor is much faster than the first.

But, with my son, my water broke and I was admitted to the hospital. After about 5 hours of no progress or dilating at all, they augmented with pitocin. He was finally born 24 hours after my water broke, but that was with pitcoin. My body technically didn't labor on its own.

So, I really wonder if that "faster" 2nd labor even applies here. Anyone have any stories of induced or augmented labor with one and then the body naturally going into labor with another one?

For all I know, I'll end up on pitocin again but I'm hoping I don't.

Stalking! I was induced with dd, but won't be this time. So I am wondering this as well. However, after they broke my water, she came in two hours, so it was quick!

I'm intrested in this too...

With my first I had to have the drip at 3cm due to meconium in my waters but once they put it in I went from 3-10cm in 2 hours so really quick! The midwife after said I had the lowest dose and she didn't think it was enough to cause me to dilate that quick and it was my own body but we shall see this time!

I was induced with my first, first with some kind of pill inserted vaginally (not sure what it's called) but that kick started contractactions and eventually had my waters broken and put on a drip and epidural, ending in a forceps delivery. It all took 28 hours.
Second one I went into labor naturally (a little encouragement from a sweep the day before) and had no interventions, that one took 8 hours. I woke up at home having contractions and was back home the same evening in time to put my 3 year old to bed!

That's awesome! They let you go home super early too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->