2nd period - is this normal? HELP

Mellymel

Reaction score
I had my d&c about 12 weeks ago. My first period was weird. I had spotting / discharge to start, then a period for a few days. It stopped and then I had a few more days of bleeding.

My period was technically late for my 2nd period and I was starting to worry that I was pregnant again. I was thinking that it was late because of the strangeness of my 1st period.

I haven't been off the BC pill in about 19 years and was only off for about 2 months before I became pregnant. Prior to going on the pill my period was all over the place.

Anyway, my period has been very heavy. Before going off the pill, my periods were getting lighter and lighter (I'm 38 yrs old). I leaked for the first time in I don't know how long (partially because of the way I was sitting perhaps so the pad was not in the right place. BUT I've also had a lot of large clots.

not sure what to think?? Is this normal?

It's hard to say for sure what's going on as I'm not a doctor but I can tell you my periods are a little funky for a few months after a m/c. It usually takes me 2-3 cycles before I'm back to my like-clockwork 28 day cycle length. If you are really concerned, I'd recommend calling your doctor. Also, if you are bleeding heavy enough to fill a pad twice in an hour or are passing lemon-sized clots, you should at least talk to your doctor. Hopefully it's just things settling down and you'll go back to a regular cycle after this though.

im only a nurse not a doc, but i would say your body is still healing and trying to get itself back on track, some people take longer then others...(hugs) if your worried give your ob a ring...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->