2nd pregnancy way different so far!

babytobe

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

What has your experience been with subsequent pregnancies? Did you feel generally the same, or way different?

I'm only 6 weeks along, but I had tons of early symptoms with my first pregnancy, and very few with this one! With my first I had a strong low back ache and tons of cramps the first month or so, and I've just had very faint low back ache this time, no cramps at all. I also felt hints of nausea before it really started showing up around week 6. I'm trying not to get too excited, but so far I haven't felt any nausea! I feel soooo good compared to my last pregnancy at this time! Hopefully I can still say this in two weeks time lol. Just hoping for the best!

Would love to hear your experiences!

Hey there babytobe :)

Yeah mines a lil diff to my last one aswell, i had a boy whos now 3.5yrs..

With him i had a spotting/ib bleed for weeks until i was 6-7wks at least, no pain, apart from that i never wouldve said i was pg (other than a test) i homad nausea briefly for a few wks at 6-7wks & thats it, no sore boobs nothing!

This time around.. Im still waiting for nausea but its early still.. Peeing like mad, no ib/spotting but i had cramping early on, back ache & my nipped are mega sore now, sooooo tired in the evenings aswell but maybe more so because im running around after 3yr old??.. 5 wks tomorrow, im hoping for a girl this time around but im saying it will be a boy as boys are easier to concieve lol i'd be completely thrilled which ever the sex ;)

I've noticed a difference this time around. I am beyond exhausted compared to when I was pregnant with DD. I feel like I need a nap after a nap. It's never enough! I've only vomited once but I have nausea most of the day.

With DD, I had a ton of nausea and vomiting from 6 weeks to 17 weeks. My breasts are a lot more tender this go around as well.

Same here, straight away I knew with my first. Constant all day nausea, I lived off fluids and crackers, back ache cramps and oh god the narcolepsy!! I could've slept on a washing line.
This time so far, only been sick once cramps for like three days, and I'm eating just fine, sometimes better.

This my 4th and each pregnancy has been different...this pregnancy has been rough so far. Spotting for almost 3 weeks which I didn't have with my other 3 kids. Also a lot more growing pains and cramps. This 4th baby is def different wow!
Might be partly my age, I'm 33 and it's much different than when I was 26 and pregnant with my first!

More emotional and backache/gassy didn't have this last time- was only tired and nausea (still have this)

Already have a bump :s lol

My first pregnancy was a blighted ovum so I am SO glad that they are different this time.
I started feeling nausea after I eat at 5 weeks as opposed to six weeks. With my first pregnancy I spotted from 4-5 weeks, had no spotting, and then had a period like bleed which is how I KNEW something was wrong. This time it's just been spotting like clock work every week. I know spotting isn't exactly good, but if it's different from last time I'll take it. My doctor is doing an ultrasound early to rule out ectopic so fingers cross this is a healthy pregnancy this time!

With my first my boobs were really sore and sensitive straight away and I was so tied! I was also so constipated, I remember being embarrassed at the sonographer commenting on it at my early scan.

This time it has been more gentle. The tiredness is kicking in about now.

So sickness either time (hopefully) and I've now got to the same point where I'm feeling starving but getting full really quickly.

I wonder for those of us who have a LO its just we don't have time to look for symptoms lol

Yes so far it's different for me too. With my DD I had all the symptoms, I wasn't sick but constant neasea, metallic taste, sore boobs, bloating, constipation, tiredness, I went off tea, coffee and meat etc etc. With my second pregnancy I had absolutely nothing which sadly ended in miscarriage at 9+4. This time I feel symptoms are a really important sign for me but so far I definately don't have what I had with my first. I feel tired at times, I have sore boobs which is worse at times than others, have a bit of constipation and bloating and only feel slightly sick on and off (I'm only 6+2 so could get worse yet). I'm worrying mainly because of my miscarriage and don't want a repeat of that so really want all the symptoms to make me feel everything's ok. Although I know every pregnancy is different it's really comforting to know others aren't getting symptoms as bad as previous pregnancies so is giving me lots of hope. Thanks ladies. Fingers crossed all ok this time. I have early scan booked next week at 7+1 so I guess I'll know more then.

I think I am the opposite of everyone else here. With my son who is 2 in Feb I had absolutely no symptoms other than a few cramps very early on until I developed pre-eclampsia in very late stages. This pregnancy I am 12 weeks tomorow and I have had terrible nausea, a lot more cramps and extremely sore breasts, oh and constant persistent headaches which after seeing my GPS was determined that is was due to me already having high blood pressure. Have my first scan a week today, can't wait for reassurance that everything is ok

Hi littlenikki, I developed pre-eclampsia with my first too, had to be induced 2 weeks early. Hoping it won't happen this time. Sorry this pregnancy is proving to be difficult for you, hope your scan goes well next week

I didn't actually develop pre-eclampsia until very late stages and it wasn't picked up until I was in labour so didn't affect my pregnancy, I did have blood pressure problems after having him though so had to be on medication for about a month. Hoping my blood pressure stabilises and doesn't cause an issue with this pregnancy. Think I will feel better after I have my consultant appt next week

I'm surprised you have high blood pressure so early this time. Mine started to climb at about 32 weeks last time, i saw midwife twice a week and eventually got admitted to hospital at 37+5 as they diagnosed pre-eclampsia, they me on tablets for blood pressure straight away and induced me two days later when I hit 38 weeks. I was on blood pressure tablets for about 3 months after and my daughter even had to be monitored due to the tablets I was on for 2-3 days while she was still in me. It was a horrible time. I'm hoping they'll monitor me very closely this time as in sure they will do with you too. I've heard a lot of people who had high blood pressure previously say they were put on a low dose of asprine to help keep it down. If you don't think you're getting what you need kick up a fuss. I've managed to get an early scan at 7 weeks which they don't normally do as I want to make sure I'm really looked after, as pre-eclampsia was only the start of my problems last time and have had a miscarriage since xx

I've felt exactly the same each time I've been pregnant. It's strange how it's so different for everyone!

Yeah ibis interesting how it's different for some, but the same for others! I kind of wonder of mine is different/better (hopefully ) this time because I've been supplementing like crazy leading up to pregnancy this time, and I found out it sometimes helps prevent nausea! (All the b vitamins and magnesium and stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->