2nd ultrasound tomorrow and so nervous

Such great news! Its so weird to me (USA) that they dont give scan pics at every scan! How awful. Glad you can have a private scan to get a pic of baby and so hubby can see too. Its infuriating me theyre not allowing husbands to come to appts - clearly if your hubbys been exposed....you have too. And its his baby too!!! So stupid. Ugh sorry for my rant. Lol but again great news on a happy little bean!!

Haha thank you hon.
Yeah it's really annoying.
I can have him at the birth with me but he will have to wear a mask the whole time haha. I don't have to wear one in labour but I do have to wear one to all my appointments.

We don't normally get our very first hospital scan here until 12 to 13 weeks and we get photos at that one and we also get photos of the anomaly scan at 20 weeks.

But any early scans in the Emergency Early Pregnancy unit u can't have photos.

It's a different area from the main scans u have later on at 12 and 20 weeks.
It's right down the other end of the hospital and there is only one scanning room and not sure if it prints photos.

But in the main Pregnancy bit there are 5 scanning rooms and a machine u get pictures out of.

I will definitely get a photo at the privet scan providing all goes well.
[-o<

Haha thank you hon.
Yeah it's really annoying.
I can have him at the birth with me but he will have to wear a mask the whole time haha. I don't have to wear one in labour but I do have to wear one to all my appointments.

We don't normally get our very first hospital scan here until 12 to 13 weeks and we get photos at that one and we also get photos of the anomaly scan at 20 weeks.

But any early scans in the Emergency Early Pregnancy unit u can't have photos.

It's a different area from the main scans u have later on at 12 and 20 weeks.
It's right down the other end of the hospital and there is only one scanning room and not sure if it prints photos.

But in the main Pregnancy bit there are 5 scanning rooms and a machine u get pictures out of.

I will definitely get a photo at the privet scan providing all goes well.
[-o<
That sucks! Our EPAS prints photos - even back in 2011! Definitely still doing them as my friend is 16 weeks and got about 6 photos at 6 and 8 week scans. They also let partners in for high risk scans (so I’d be allowed df because of my history, my friend was allowed her dh because she had a massive bleed)
It sucks that it isn’t consistent everywhere on the NHS! Hopefully things will have calmed down here with covid for your 12 week scan!

So happy your scan went well! I have a private one booked for when I’m 8 weeks but that’s not til the 13th march :brat: I’m soooo impatient!

it’s nice to hear you can see a bit more than just a jelly bean in there at 8 weeks I cannot wait for mine :cloud9:

That sucks! Our EPAS prints photos - even back in 2011! Definitely still doing them as my friend is 16 weeks and got about 6 photos at 6 and 8 week scans. They also let partners in for high risk scans (so I’d be allowed df because of my history, my friend was allowed her dh because she had a massive bleed)
It sucks that it isn’t consistent everywhere on the NHS! Hopefully things will have calmed down here with covid for your 12 week scan!

Yeah a few other ladies that had early scans with the nhs got pics to and was aloud dh in if there was a bleed.
I guess in some parts of the UK there's different rules.
I know at one point our hospital was in critical state with covid so maybe its that. Its fine now but being in lockdown still I guess there being strict.
It was horrible when I had the bleed at 6 weeks and DH cudnt come with me.
He's not seen the baby at all yet but he can come in when I have the private scan so I guess that's something.

Yay huge congratulations!!!

Thanks hon I have u to thank for this I really do believe the macca and folate helped with this pregnancy. I'm so greatful to you hon thank you so much

So happy your scan went well! I have a private one booked for when I’m 8 weeks but that’s not til the 13th march :brat: I’m soooo impatient!

it’s nice to hear you can see a bit more than just a jelly bean in there at 8 weeks I cannot wait for mine :cloud9:

Thank you hon.

Oh yes u will be amazed how big baby is I cudnt believe it because at 6+1 it was so tiny.
I'm really looking forward to my privet scan on the 5th March I will be 10+1 so it will look even more like a baby and will be moving.

I will probably get anxious b4 but hopefully everything will be perfect.
It's a dating scan so they will be checking baby over.
So I will be nervous and excited.

I'm going to try my doppler again soon and hopefully I can find babies hb that wud be so reassuring.

I found the first 7 weeks dragged but weeks 7 to 8 went fast.

Hope ure feeling OK?

I'm so happy for you! :happydance:

Thank u lovely Bev xx

Yayy :)
So glad to hear all is well doll <3

Thanks hon wow I can't believe u are so close to the end now hon. I loved the 3rd tri with my son and 2nd tri. Always hate the first tri so will be very happy to be 13 weeks and in 2nd trimester.

Oh Dannii (did I spell your name right?) this baby was just meant to be!! I am so glad the Maca and folate helped you, I really believe in maca especially and I don’t know if I’ll ever stop taking it! So excited to follow along your journey <3

Yeah a few other ladies that had early scans with the nhs got pics to and was aloud dh in if there was a bleed.
I guess in some parts of the UK there's different rules.
I know at one point our hospital was in critical state with covid so maybe its that. Its fine now but being in lockdown still I guess there being strict.
It was horrible when I had the bleed at 6 weeks and DH cudnt come with me.
He's not seen the baby at all yet but he can come in when I have the private scan so I guess that's something.

Thanks hon I have u to thank for this I really do believe the macca and folate helped with this pregnancy. I'm so greatful to you hon thank you so much

Thank you hon.

Oh yes u will be amazed how big baby is I cudnt believe it because at 6+1 it was so tiny.
I'm really looking forward to my privet scan on the 5th March I will be 10+1 so it will look even more like a baby and will be moving.

I will probably get anxious b4 but hopefully everything will be perfect.
It's a dating scan so they will be checking baby over.
So I will be nervous and excited.

I'm going to try my doppler again soon and hopefully I can find babies hb that wud be so reassuring.

I found the first 7 weeks dragged but weeks 7 to 8 went fast.

Hope ure feeling OK?

Thank u lovely Bev xx

Thanks hon wow I can't believe u are so close to the end now hon. I loved the 3rd tri with my son and 2nd tri. Always hate the first tri so will be very happy to be 13 weeks and in 2nd trimester.

anxious is definitely normal lovely, my mind has been doing overtime since I got my BFP and in the back on my head I’m thinking when I get my scan there will be something wrong...but at the same time there’s no reason anything should be so I’m trying to stay as chill as possible but that’s easier said than done :haha:

Hope 5th comes round soon for you then only a week or so til mine :happydance:

@MrsKatie
U did spell it right hon haha.
Thank you so much hon I'm just so happy I listened to you and started taking it.
I wud recommend it to anyone now.

@Lottielouf

I hope both our scans come around quickly.

@Flueky88
Thank u so much hon.

So I decided to try out the doppler again.
It took a while and I was about to give up when I heard the babies HB at 170 to 175bpm.
Sounded like a steam train on train tracks.

The best part was just as I found it my DH came into the bedroom and he got to hear it to.

My ticker says I'm 8+3 but going by Fridays ultrasound I'm 8+5 weeks.

Just need to wait for the dating scan to get my official due date.
It's always good if they put u forward a few days. So I'm hoping I'm still measuring ahead when that comes around.

I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat! :)

Thank you Bev it was lovely. Its nice to know bpm to because they don't measure that at NHS ultrasounds. They do at the privet place but not the hospital. We'll not the EPU anyway.

Feeling sick today and have to go to Aldi to do a food shop, I seem to feel OK some days and bad other days but when I do get the neasea it's all day long from the moment I wake to the time I go to bed but I'm not complaining. It's all part of it.
I'm not actually throwing up I mean I've gagged a few times and nearly thrown up but managed to stop myself haha.

Hopefully it means I have a very healthy little baby in there[-o&lt;

Thank you ladies.

I really can't complain because it's all part of it and I feel so blessed.

Managed a baked potato with cheese and onion so not feeling so sick now but getting crazy round ligerment pain.
So looks like bump is growing again, will have to get a another bump pic soon Bloat/bump hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->