2WW and BFP 3 days after full period! What is going on?

cocopops_88

Reaction score
Hello ladies, just wanted to share my story. Not sure if anything could make me feel better until I get confirmations from the gyn but thought maybe someone has been in a similar situation... so I'll keep you posted how everything develops.

Ok, where do I begin. I was on a 2WW up until Sunday 24 June, when AF (what I thought was AF) arrived! I am normally around 30 days but I got to day 33 and I was really peeved off when I started to bleed. I did a HCG test maybe 3 days before the AF and it came back as BFN.

I have read about the implantation bleeds and etc and as much as I would love to believe in it.. I am a grown up woman and realise that it did feel and look like a normal AF and not an implantation bleed (my AF's are usually fairly short 3-4 days of bleeding and then 2-3 of spotting). I can't say I passed large clots or it was any different from any other periods, just normal. Apart from one thing - when the usual spotting was supposed to stop, it didn't. Spotting is on until today which is almost 2 weeks since the AF started... and also some light and dark blood on the toilet paper. Not a huge amount, I didn't need to use tampons or pads.

Fast forward to 2 days ago (Wednesday 6 July) when I for some reason decided to do an OPK - I read you need to start on day 10 of your cycle. It came up very very strong positive. I though, how can I be ovulating on Day 10 if my cycle is 30 (because i thought I was ovulating around day 18-20 according to my last AF)!!! I thought I should do a HCG just to check things out - and oh my bloody hell it came up positive! Of course, I was not holding out much hope after having a full AF and spotting for 5 days in a row, but I just wanted it to be a thrilling moment, full of excitement and all I got is confusion, fear and concerns...

So, I went to the hospital yesterday (thu) and here what I found out. I also did a digital HCG Thu morning and it came back Positive, 2-3 weeks.
- my HCG was 220,2 yesterday (Thu)
- Gyn did an internal US and did not find anything in my uterus or tubes, said my lining was very thin and looks like I did in fact have a period (so might have been a chemical). She also said even if anything is still there, it would not be a good pregnancy.

I do still feel very bloated and feel like something is going on down there, like pressure, but no distinct pain (I know it could be psychological). My other symptoms include, headaches, gass, pain in my legs (similar like before AF), tiredness and really hungry. My boobs are def a bit bigger but not too sensitive.

The biggest concern now is that it is an ectopic pregnancy, cause I am still spotting and I see a small amount of blood on the toilet paper too.

I have been asked to go back for more HCG blood tests tomorrow morning to see if it has progressed. I am so scared that the little one may be hiding in the tube! It's our first pregnancy and first time/month TTC and of course this is not how we expected it to be. I know this is life and I am not looking for sympathy... Just thought that someone could have the same problem.

What are your thoughts? Of course, I am not holding out much hope it is a viable pregnancy, but I so much would like to believe in it. Even when she did a US I couldn't stop looking out for something there, thinking - maybe it's too early? maybe it will appear later? maybe she can't see it?... even though I know it's no good.

Thanks ladies for reading my story and sorry it's so long.

Hi, what a situation to be in. I have no advice for you, but I didn't want to read and run. However, I have read that it's possible for some women to get their periods whilst pregnant. Keep testing and see if your tests get darker and hopefully you get some answers soon. :hugs:

I'm so sorry you're going through all this on your very first month ttc as well :( I'm praying for you <3 how are you doing now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->