3-4 whats it like ?

Babybump87

Reaction score
So I have 2 DDs 8&5 and DS who will be 2 in June .

Can’t stop thinking / wondering about one last child . How did you find going from 3-4 ?.

I’d love another boy mainly for DS as I feel the girls are close enough in age and have each other but then I think DS doesn’t miss out at all in anyway , the girls are amazing with him!

Any advice ?!

Last edited:
It wasn’t that much of an adjustment to be honest. Two of our children have autism too so have their challenges, life is usually loud and there’s almost always a daily drama but you just get on with it. The good stuff by far outweighs any stressful times. If it’s what you want, go for it :)

Last edited:
I have 3 and am currently pregnant with my 4th. When this baby is born, my first kids will be 4 (did), 6(ds), and 8(ds).

I would caution against having another because you’d like a boy for your son - remember it’s a 50/50 shot for gender.

If you’d be thrilled to expand your family and would be happy for a little girl or boy playmate for your son, I’d say go for it!

My DD and DS2 are actually closer with each other and play better than DS1 and DS2 do!

For me, WAY harder than one to two or two to three, however I think it’s mostly the fact that I’ve got two under two for the first time

Thanks @happycupcake ! Our house is chaos too and at times feel like I am going to lose my mind but I love it and I love the atmosphere in the house with the kids playing and arguing haha .

Sorry should have clarified although I’d love another boy for DS I wouldn’t be disappointed if we had another girl as like you say @sil its for sure 50/50 !t That’s amazing about your DS and DD and just what I wanted to read!

I don’t feel like our family is complete and I know DH would also like another child ! Serious discussion to be had with DH I think !

Oh wow @CC94 I totally understand how that would be hard on so many levels !

Exactly what @happycupcake said!

We have 4 currently ( 9 year old triplets and a 2 year old) and you just adjust to it. They adore her and get on so well with each other. It is always chaos but in such a good way if you like the noise and so on! We'd love another to accompany our smallest ! x

We'd love too @Babybump87! One of our trio has sensory processing disorder and 3 of our 4 were born with Talipes, so its a thought to go over but would definitly like one more! Like you said , my smallest is the odd one on her own so would love a compannion for her!

I had surgery at the end of last year ( early December ) So I have one more period untill we are at the 'safe point' where its started healing well! Im actually eager for my April period to come around! haha

Hey @Babybump87, how are you? Can you believe our babies are nearly 2!!!!

me personally found 1-2 easy but found 2-3 harder! After 3 I’ve not had any problems! They’ve all just seemed to fit. We both had a niggle about another baby (baby 6) and we decided on a small window if it happened it happened (well it happened!) and I can say being pregnant right now I feel done.... I’ve never felt that before so I feel like once this baby is here we will be complete.

I think if it’s in the back of your mind and you keep thinking about it maybe a chat with OH is what you need!

Goodluck lovely xx

We'd love too @Babybump87! One of our trio has sensory processing disorder and 3 of our 4 were born with Talipes, so its a thought to go over but would definitly like one more! Like you said , my smallest is the odd one on her own so would love a compannion for her!

I had surgery at the end of last year ( early December ) So I have one more period untill we are at the 'safe point' where its started healing well! Im actually eager for my April period to come around! haha

Aww I wish you the best of luck with TTC ! Fingers crossed it happens quickly for you !

Hey @Babybump87, how are you? Can you believe our babies are nearly 2!!!!

me personally found 1-2 easy but found 2-3 harder! After 3 I’ve not had any problems! They’ve all just seemed to fit. We both had a niggle about another baby (baby 6) and we decided on a small window if it happened it happened (well it happened!) and I can say being pregnant right now I feel done.... I’ve never felt that before so I feel like once this baby is here we will be complete.

I think if it’s in the back of your mind and you keep thinking about it maybe a chat with OH is what you need!

Goodluck lovely xx

oh wow hey !! I am good thanks ! How are you ?! Congrats on your pregnancy !!

I know how crazy has it been since they were born ! Honesty I didn’t find 1-2 hard or even 2-3 ! The last child just kinda has to fit around the family life we have if that makes sense haha ! I’m worried going from 3-4 will be the one thats a bit much at first !

It’s for sure something I think about on a daily basis but just going back and forth really ! Confusing times haha . If we was going to go for a forth baby I’d like to start trying after DSs birthday .

I know DH kinda feels the same as me so maybe it’s just a case of what you and your DH did if it happens it happens !! so much to think about !

I found the 2-3 hardest because we became out numbered but after that we were used to being out numbered! There are obviously points like all new babies that it’s a bit tricky juggling school runs, playgroup runs etc but you get it sorted.

I hated the feeling of not feeling finished.... well I think to be honest I’ll always have a part of me that will be broody but I’m pretty much sure 6 is our magic number! Goodluck lovely xxx

The school run will always be my up the wall time of day but we have to be organised and this helps hugely of a morning !

Exactly I definitely don’t feel like our family is complete but nervous to make the jump . I don’t know I think I will always regret not trying for one more which is something I don’t want to do !

I hope 6 is your magic number !! Good luck with your pregnancy !

For me it just had so much to do with temperament. Going from 1-2 broke me, but my second is spirited and was a colicky high-needs baby. It was overwhelming, I was blindsided after having such a mellow, easy first baby (she was a terrible sleeper but whatever, I just had one!). From then, the transitions were tough but nothing I didn’t anticipate. It’s mostly just trying to meet everyone’s needs, making sure everyone gets special time and attention with both me and my husband, and -of course- getting something even resembling decent sleep. But it’s so joyful and I love having a big family more than anything!

I have enjoyed reading this thread too, we have just decided we want another one to give Izzie a sibling a similar age, it’s just case of when, not straight away.

I have enjoyed reading this thread too, we have just decided we want another one to give Izzie a sibling a similar age, it’s just case of when, not straight away.

So glad I made this thread it’s nice to read other ladies opinions and thoughts ! Pretty sure we are gonna go for a 4th later on in the year !

Hi we’re on the fence too about a 4th, will make a decision by October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->