3/5 palpable?

Lauren25xx

Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm 31+4 and I had my midwife appointment 3 days ago... Anyway she said I was meassuring 33cm... From my last appointment at 28 weeks that's 5cm? I know this can vary so I'm not too worried. But I also noticed she put 3/5 palpable?

I've just googled, and people are saying this at 37+ weeks!!!

Help what does this mean?? Xx

What

Here's a little idea how they work it out. So baby is 3/5th engaged. Meaning some of baby's is just able to be felt above the pelvis.
So looking good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 28
Aww thank you :) I'm going to sound really silly now but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be early does it? It isn't based on that? X

Not necessarily no.. first babies tend to get locked in place earlier on. Coz the uterus is nice & tight. If you have had more than 1 baby then baby tends to bob in & out of the pelvis as it's been stretched a bit like a ballon that been blown up a few times x

My 1st had her head engage early and was born 10 days late! My second didnt engage until labour (not uncommon with second babies) and he was 5 days early.

I am on my 7th and she has been engaged since 2 weeks ago when she obliged us and turned from breech to cephalic, (head down). I was convinced I'd be early as I have never had one engaged that early but still here. Being induced at 39 weeks due to gestational diabetes but wish she would come before spontaneously as I have had 2 previous c sections so they don't really try much to get you into labour and I'm not really keen on a c section again if it can be avoided!

I am on my 7th and she has been engaged since 2 weeks ago when she obliged us and turned from breech to cephalic, (head down). I was convinced I'd be early as I have never had one engaged that early but still here. Being induced at 39 weeks due to gestational diabetes but wish she would come before spontaneously as I have had 2 previous c sections so they don't really try much to get you into labour and I'm not really keen on a c section again if it can be avoided!

I dont know your situation but depending on how well contoled your GD is you could always refuse induction.

I like this site:
https://evidencebasedbirth.com/does-gestational-diabetes-always-mean-a-big-baby-and-induction/

As far as Im aware, 3/5ths palp is the equvilent to 2/5ths enganged, as 3/5ths can still be felt! And of course baby can still bob in and out of this! I was 3/5ths palp at 30 weeks. 1st baby engaged fully hust before labor, 2nd have no idea and this is my 3rd!

Xx

I am quite happy being induced if things seem ready to go. She is head down and quite firmly engaged so hoping that is working on encouraging my cervix :) had lots of pressure and back ache today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->