3 and half week sleeping pattern

Doodlebug88

Reaction score
My 3 and half week old has the following sleep patten. Goes down about 9.30 and will sleep for 2.5-3 hours and then will be on 2 hourly feeding until we get up about 8am. Sometimes I can't settle him after the 2am feed so we are awake until 4am feed and settle around 5am ish. He is feeding 2 hourly in the day and has a few naps of around an hour each in the daytime. Does this sound ok? Anything I can do to extend the night so were not up as much. Just to add he is bf

This is the exact same routine my 9 week old has been on since birth, except he grew out of the wake time between 2-1 at around 3 weeks old.

To get him out of that habit I just held him during his awake time but didn't speak to him or turn any lights on. I think he began to realise it was quite boring to stay awake with no interaction!

As for the 2-3 hour feedings 24/7 like I say, my lad is still at that and I think will be for some time.

Keep it up!

Sounds pretty normal. We also made nighttime as boring as possible, minimal lights, no talking or eye contact, only changing poo diapers, baby will catch on eventually :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->