3 children plus

Jewls

Reaction score
Hi wonder if anyone can put my mind at ease a little.
I have 2 children DD and ds 2years between them and they are quite close and always wanting to be together.
I am now expecting baby #3 and my main worry is that now someone will be left out and the older 2 relationship will change.

Anyone with 3 children have any advice were all 3 of your children close?

X

I cannot really fully answer just yet, but I too worry. I have twins who will be 8 in June and a 2 month old. With not only a big age gap but also the older two having that twin bond I do worry my baby will be left out with a lot of things or that when they are hitting high school age, the novelty of having a younger brother will wear off and they may go thru a phase of 'I am too old to play with little kids' type thing. So far it is going very well. They dote on their baby brother and love him to bits and are always telling me all the things they will do with him, play with him and teach him as he gets older.

Twinmummy all kids are different but a friend has a 1 year then 10 year gap. He says the big 2 act younger and the little one much older. So you might find they will get on great.

I am 1 of 3 ( the middle child) and I now have 3 of my own. Being 1 of 3 myself I never wanted 3 as I have real middle child syndrome. I know we would really financially struggle with 4 so I wanted to make a real effort for one of them not to feel left out.

Turns out I shouldn't have even worried, all 3 of mine get on brilliantly mostly. They have their odd moments but usually they all play great and help each other. They do break off into pairs sometimes, usually when 1 of them wants a bit of 'me' time. Our middle child is on the autistic spectrum so finds certain situations hard but he generally takes himself off and his siblings understand.

I do think it's important to spend 1 to 1 time with each child though. x

I'm 1 of 3 (middle child) and I love it; we were all close, still are. I have 3 children, the 3rd is only 4 months so its too soon to say how the relationship between the older 2 will change (they're close) but so far so good!

Thank you for all your replies does make me feel better guess im just a worrier.
I was one of 3 children (the youngest) but I had 2 brothers so I was always left out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->