3 children with one middle name, 4th with two?

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
if we have a boy I'd like him two have two middle names as they're family names and literally just can't choose between them. All my children have family names and so it's very important to us we carry on this tradition. However, is it a bit odd for the others to only gave one middle name and this one (if a boy of course) to have two?

Not at all. My parents did exactly this! My three elder sisters only have one middle name and I was the first to have two (my parents went on to have a twins who also were given two middle names.) If that's how you want to name your child go for it - there are no set rules!

personally it seem a little odd to me, can you not combine the names?

we combined Jack + Kev = Jake

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. If you want to do it then go for it :)

I am the oldest of 4 girls and I don't have a middle name, my next sister doesn't have one either. My 3rd sister got a middle name and my 4th got two!! No rhyme or reason I guess. I must admit I have always felt a bit deprived of not having a middle name (especially with what I have always thought to be the most common and boring first and last name) but in the grand scheme of things I don't think siblings having different amounts of middle names should matter. Go ahead and do whatever you would like, I don't think it's weird at all.

Yep, don't think it's strange at all. My dad is one of 8, and has no middle name whilst some of his siblings have 2 or more. Not weird, only weird thing is that he was born in a country where two or more middle names are common and not having one was an anomaly lol.

I'm thinking the same, we have three boys, first has my dad's middle name, second has my fils and 3rd has hubby's, if this is a girl I might name her both our mothers, although Anne Joyce might be a bit much? Eck! We will see.

How is it odd? (to another poster?)]
Matthew has 1 middle name, Ruby has 2 (Summer Angeline) and Jade only has 1, I dont see a prob xx

Definitely not odd. I think some people get a bit OTT with naming- I've heard of people making sure their children have the same number of middle names, syllables in their names, even the same number of letters in their names :haha:.
My younger brother has two middle names, my older brother and I only have 1 each. IT's never bothered any of us- they're only middle names after all.

Nah...now if the other three had two and you downgraded to one for the 4th, it might be different.

My brother and I have two middle names, and our younger brother has 4 middle names.

All three of mine have two middle names. My next will as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->