3 day juice cleanse? Hype or not?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure I could even do it- without going totally nutso :haha: But a friend of mine and I were discussing doing the 3 day juice cleanse.

I don't currently juice- anything. So yeah! I count calories and try to watch what I eat etc... but never got into juice.

Anyone do this and in all honestly, was it worth it? Were there actual health benefits or all hype? Also- how did you manage?

It's hype. You'll drop scale weight but it'll be water and probably anything you're keeping in your bowels (sorry, OTT!) but not fat. Then again you may temporarily look and feel smaller but it isn't a long lasting thing. There are also studies showing it's dangerous but then again there are studies showing almost everything is dangerous.

If you want to lose weight it's just calorie maths. Try a 1200 calorie diet and an hour of exercise a day and you'll lose about 2lbs a week.

I actually did a 5 day one just before hols in a bid to lose baby weight. It was way easier than I anticipated - wasn't particularly hungry, just missed food a bit.

I lost 5lbs and my tummy was way flatter. I then promptly went on an all inclusive holiday and ate and drank well! Have put 1.5lbs back on (it was 4 weeks ago I did the cleanse) but I'm pretty chuffed with that.

If you just need a kick start I think its a good option. I did the Jason Vale one - he also does a 3 day one x

Thanks ladies- I'm not actually looking to it for weight loss (I lost weight a while back and just count calories now to maintain- as I cannot be left to my own devices!) :haha:

I've had horrible tummy issues in the past though- and finally got that under control after seeing a naturopathic doc a few years back (yay!)- but was thinking maybe a cleanse like once every 6mos to a year would be good for my insides? I still have to watch what I eat most of the time- which is fine, I eat healthier now ;) But, I've heard it helps detox and rejuvinate your body to help better balance things... but if it's just a bunch of BS, then why put myself through that?! LOL.

Seems though- just a healthy diet overall is best (obviously). Just felt a big sluggish after the Holiday weekend and all the BBQ's and snacking (oops). But back on track this week! lol. Maybe I'll just add juicing into my diet overall for a while and see how that goes first?

Thanks ladies- I'm not actually looking to it for weight loss (I lost weight a while back and just count calories now to maintain- as I cannot be left to my own devices!) :haha:

I've had horrible tummy issues in the past though- and finally got that under control after seeing a naturopathic doc a few years back (yay!)- but was thinking maybe a cleanse like once every 6mos to a year would be good for my insides? I still have to watch what I eat most of the time- which is fine, I eat healthier now ;) But, I've heard it helps detox and rejuvinate your body to help better balance things... but if it's just a bunch of BS, then why put myself through that?! LOL.

Seems though- just a healthy diet overall is best (obviously). Just felt a big sluggish after the Holiday weekend and all the BBQ's and snacking (oops). But back on track this week! lol. Maybe I'll just add juicing into my diet overall for a while and see how that goes first?

My mum gets problems sometimes and to fix it she cuts out bread, white pasta, white rice, processed carbs; then a few weeks later when her body is used to it she cuts out sugar, then dairy, then red meat. It always makes her miles better and after a couple of months of this longer term detox she's super healthy and goes back to normal eating.

My mum gets problems sometimes and to fix it she cuts out bread, white pasta, white rice, processed carbs; then a few weeks later when her body is used to it she cuts out sugar, then dairy, then red meat. It always makes her miles better and after a couple of months of this longer term detox she's super healthy and goes back to normal eating.

I hear ya! I was on a very strict diet for 3mos- and supplements and other natural remedies... it was not cheap to see the doc, but so well worth it after years of issues (and other docs couldn't find anything "wrong")- yadda yadda. I can eat whatever I want now- I just have to watch HOW much ;) And if I snack too much (like over the weekend) or eat too much processed food- then it's no bueno! I'm just always open to trying new things and finding even better ways to keep my body balanced :)

Thanks! :flower:

If you're on twitter look on Jason's page - juicemaster - there's loads of stories from people where juicing has helped with medical issues.

I think if you're doing it for the right reasons and not to lose weight then it's possibly a good thing. A friend of mine did it before her wedding as she wanted to get rid of some bloating she had and she hoped it would make her skin a bit clearer. She never commented on the results so I'm not sure she had that much of a success with it.

I regularly juice, I've done a few detoxes through Jason Vale's programme. Also gave a look at Reboot with Joe.

It us a fad if you revert back to your old eating habits, I normally have a juice blended with an avocado for breakfast and one as a snack. My energy levels are through the roof. Definitely recommend x

I regularly juice, I've done a few detoxes through Jason Vale's programme. Also gave a look at Reboot with Joe.

It us a fad if you revert back to your old eating habits, I normally have a juice blended with an avocado for breakfast and one as a snack. My energy levels are through the roof. Definitely recommend x

Agree with this, I have Jason Vale's app on my mobile, love the juices.

You can also check food matters fb page, they have good detox plans from time to time & it's not only juices, but I wouldn't go for a ready made detox with shakes & pills, it's full of crap :haha:

https://www.facebook.com/foodmatters?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thanks ladies! I'll for sure check that out- if I could just incorporate juices to help detox or cleanse or just feel better overall (when I need the boost)- I'd do that!!!

I wouldn't do it for a health benefit. Firstly it's a really unbalanced diet. The fruit being juiced means that it's a really quick rush of fructose so your blood sugar will be all over the place. I read one of that guy's books because my mom had it and there's a lot health claims in it that just don't make sense.

I wouldn't do it for a health benefit. Firstly it's a really unbalanced diet. The fruit being juiced means that it's a really quick rush of fructose so your blood sugar will be all over the place. I read one of that guy's books because my mom had it and there's a lot health claims in it that just don't make sense.

If you go on a juice detox you juice veggies & greens with low GI fruits, juicing fruits only is high in sugar, it's a good way to detox & load the body with vitamins, when I go for a juice fasf I add super greens powder to juices in addition to a good omega 3 supplement

Most juice detoxes are normally 50/50 fruit and veggies

It's a great kick starter for healthy eating. I regularly juice and it makes me look and feel great. You can mix super foods like spirulina and wheatgrass with the juice to get the most out of it. Its always best to make your own fresh though and its much more cost effective. I prefer juicing greens as opposed to fruits but one of my favourites for quick energy are strawberries, pineapple and ginger. Also celery, cucumber, beetroot, carrots and limes are excellent for detox.

I think juicing is great on top of a balanced diet, or as a meal replacement for just the one mealtime. I wouldn't recommend it on it's own though...

I did Jason Vales juicing and found it fantastic, I felt more awake and had much more energy. If you can read the books as well its really good information about what goes on in the body.

It seems to be a bit of a fashion thing atm and people do seem to mistake it as a weight loss thing/diet.

I did look a bit into it thinking it would help flush out all the crap in my body and help me start a new healthy eating plan but I decided against it

I would reccomend one a day as a long term thing but not a 3 day detox. It does keep you regular and you feel much better for it. We havent done it for a couple of weeks but went and bought the stuff the start again this morning! You do feel the benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->